How many D-I recruits do we have in Kentucky this year in the Jr. and Senior Class?

I saw Trinity two or three times last year, and I don't remember anyone looking like a Division I player.

He must have been one of those early maturing players that never got better. He was a man amongst boys in 6th grade and played point. Usually, the guys who mature early have to play post and it kills them later. Not so with this kid. Very surprised to hear he is not a top player in the state.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He must have been one of those early maturing players that never got better. He was a man amongst boys in 6th grade and played point. Usually, the guys who mature early have to play post and it kills them later. Not so with this kid. Very surprised to hear he is not a top player in the state.

He started all but 4 games last yr for Trinity as a soph, will be a major player this yr for them. Had some serious injuries this summer that he has finally recovered from and has devoted his time to improving his game. Will have a big year this year. Always a top 10 player in his class, ranking only behind Arez Henderson for players less than 6'3" in his class (which has some major players).

He started all but 4 games last yr for Trinity as a soph, will be a major player this yr for them. Had some serious injuries this summer that he has finally recovered from and has devoted his time to improving his game. Will have a big year this year. Always a top 10 player in his class, ranking only behind Arez Henderson for players less than 6'3" in his class (which has some major players).

Saw him play in CCH scrimmage...he is very, very good; but he is not DI imo.

What about Clark Stepp the junior at JBS he's a D-1 player, according to the Herald-Leader Tubby Smith is evaluating him this year. He might take the Crusaders to state.

No way, he's not even the best player on his team. Tate Cox is the best player. I'm not even sure an NAIA program would offer Stepp anythig after they evaluated him except Alice Lloyd, only because his family pretty much runs that college as well as JBS. Cox is the real deal though.

No way, he's not even the best player on his team. Tate Cox is the best player. I'm not even sure an NAIA program would offer Stepp anythig after they evaluated him except Alice Lloyd, only because his family pretty much runs that college as well as JBS. Cox is the real deal though.

Thank you for bringing Saint back to reality

well Stepp is their leading scorer and they are probably the best team in the 14th region between him, cox, and collins.

Yes, but he is not a D-1 player. Alot of folks in Eastern Kentucky believe the system at JBS is directed towards making his stats inflated. With that said Clark is a very talented player and should be recognized as one of the best players in the region. He is just not a D-1 prospect IMO. No disrespect meant towards him. I believe that Cox is an overall better player but that is just my opinion.:p

Yes, but he is not a D-1 player. Alot of folks in Eastern Kentucky believe the system at JBS is directed towards making his stats inflated. With that said Clark is a very talented player and should be recognized as one of the best players in the region. He is just not a D-1 prospect IMO. No disrespect meant towards him. I believe that Cox is an overall better player but that is just my opinion.:p

Couldn't that be said for several other schools and players? Not sure why you would single out Stepp when it does happen elsewhere.

Couldn't that be said for several other schools and players? Not sure why you would single out Stepp when it does happen elsewhere.

You may be correct, not singling out, just commenting on a single situation. If you know of other possible situations dicussing possible D-1 recruits feel free to share your opinion. Just expressing my lowly opinion.

East Bank in regards to your comments on Clark Stepp at JBS that no NAIA school would want him. Wow ! that is bold, IMO you may have to eat some crow on this one in a couple of years. They may direct things to pad his stats but it does not take away the fact that he is a solid player. Very capable of playing NAIA or maybe D-1 in 2 years