Everything posted by The General
-
Lex Cath vs. Tates Creek predictions
Sparks will get shut down and Tates Creek will go down by 15.
-
Bullitt East 63 Newport Central Catholic 53
Bullitt East is very strong this year. If this was NCC's first game and have only had 2 practices, then they should do well this year. Bullitt East has only lost a couple of games by a total of 2 points. They have not played all cupcakes either. Watch out for BE!
-
Trinity (Louisville) 65 DuPont Manual 50
How did Jacobs do? Isn't he the on ethat keeps getting the double doubles? Is he a legit 6'7"? How big is he?
-
Boone County 70 Lloyd 43
Isn't McFarland only a Sophomore? He should be a good one when it is all said and done.
-
Silver Grove 73 Beechwood 64
Who played well for Beechwood?
-
Bullitt East 63 Newport Central Catholic 53
Isn't NCC supposed to be pretty good this year?
-
Best Player in the state
No, I think I would rather make sure everyone knows how good Hopson can be. Players with his potential don't come around that often here in KY. If people think Miller has more potential than Hopson, and I have seen them both play, then they have not seen Hopson play. Most people on here say Miller is hands down the best. If they have seen everyone play and not Hopson, then they are coming to a conclusion that is incorrect. That is all I am saying. Go wacth him play and then get on here and tell me there is a player in KY with more potential at the next level. I have already said he doesn't give 100% all the time - primarily on defense. So, I really don't even think he is as valuable to his team as Miller is to his. Potential? That is a different story. He is 6'6 with extremely long arms. Don't know what his vertical is, but it is way up there. He would win every dunk competition he entered. He can shoot well - not perfect form, but good. Think of the quickest guards in your region off the dribble - he is quicker than 95% of them. He has excellent timing and can take a game over at any level. Miller held his own in AAU. Hopson dominated in front of every major college coach in America. You can't dispute that.
-
Best Player in the state
Well put. Those of you who have not seen him play should not be making your judgements about best potential. He is off the charts talent wise. Nobody comes close. Miller and Mackey are the closest talent wise, but they don't have what he has. Unfortunately, the boy doesn't give 100% all the time.
-
Anyone watching Oak Hill/Norcrass on ESPN?
Brandon Jennings is a great passer. However, he is already the media gem. I don't care if he made a turnover, it was a good one according to the announcers. Just wait until Dickie V. gets to do one of his games. It will make me sick to my stomach. Not the kid's fault, I just can't stand when they pick a kid out like that a prasie them over and over agin - whether he does something good or not.
-
Best Player in the state
Trust me, they wanted Hopson badly and yes, they offered. Donovan watched a lot of Hopson's games this past summer, along with Tubby Smith, Roy Williams, and every major college coach in America. Mississipi State won out because they worked the hardest at getting him. Hopson was sitting right behind UK's bench during midnight madness as well.
-
Best Player in the state
I disagree. If you are talking potential, then it is without question - Scotty Hopson of UAH. I would almost guarantee that if you said Miller has the most potential, then you have not seen Scotty play. Hopson's raw talent exceeds anyone from KY in a long time. That includes Lofton. He has incredible hops, lightning quick, and a decent shot. He has the athletic ability of a, well, I know this is almost blasphemous, but kind of like Michael Jordan. Now, I didn't say player, just athletic ability. Now, if you are talking about a player that will help his team win, then you don't want to go with Scotty Hopson. He is a dunking machine that can score when he wants to. he can block shots at will - but it has to be when he wants to. He is not a fierce competitor 100% of the time. Best player - ? I think if I was a college coach - I would go with Mackey or Miller - both Juniors!
-
Ryle vs. Boone Predictions
How tall is Maley?
-
Ryle vs. Boone Predictions
I like Krohman. He hustles on defensive and can light it up. He can hit 3-4 threes very quietly somehow. With him McFarland and Bray, they have some nice options.
-
Bullitt East 71 North Bullitt 43
Based on BE's results so far this season, sounds like BE might me a contender to go to Rupp this year.
-
Ryle vs. Boone Predictions
Does Ryle have any football players that play basketball? Will they be playing in this game?
-
Bullitt East 71 North Bullitt 43
Is Troutman getting any looks? At 6'5 and powerful - sounds like he is either a football prospect or a D-II/NAIA basketball prospect?
-
Bullitt East 71 North Bullitt 43
Who are the top players for Bullitt East? Size? Shooters? Ball Handlers? Their wins have been impressive so far.
-
How many D-I recruits do we have in Kentucky this year in the Jr. and Senior Class?
Thanks for the update. Very, very good does not translate into D-I?
-
Mason County @ Scott(Covington) predictions
Sounds close to me. They may end up winning by 20.
-
How many D-I recruits do we have in Kentucky this year in the Jr. and Senior Class?
He must have been one of those early maturing players that never got better. He was a man amongst boys in 6th grade and played point. Usually, the guys who mature early have to play post and it kills them later. Not so with this kid. Very surprised to hear he is not a top player in the state.
-
How many D-I recruits do we have in Kentucky this year in the Jr. and Senior Class?
Has anyone seen Chambless play lately? Is he D-I material?
-
How many D-I recruits do we have in Kentucky this year in the Jr. and Senior Class?
I just looked up their roster. His name is Matt Chambless. Anyone know if he is a D-I prospect?
-
4A Championship: Ryle vs. Trinity
Thanks for the details. Makes more sense, but still not quite buying it.
-
Clarksville Tenn. 76 UHA 60
Hard to believe a high school team with a player as good as Hopson (in addition to one other D-I prospect) could be overrated, but I think you are right. Just goes to show that basketball is a team game that requires hustle, defense, and the desire to win. Hopson will lead the state in dunks, but that won't carry them to the state title.
-
Predictions on PC/Holmes
Is Austin Hill a senior?