Best Player in the state

Who is the best player in the state?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best player in the state?

• Ty Proffitt
    • Steffphon Pettigrew
    • Darius Miller
    • Bud Mackey
    • Other

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if it's potential, then Miller is overwelmingly tops, but I think just top 3-5 as far as the best.

I disagree. If you are talking potential, then it is without question - Scotty Hopson of UAH. I would almost guarantee that if you said Miller has the most potential, then you have not seen Scotty play. Hopson's raw talent exceeds anyone from KY in a long time. That includes Lofton. He has incredible hops, lightning quick, and a decent shot. He has the athletic ability of a, well, I know this is almost blasphemous, but kind of like Michael Jordan. Now, I didn't say player, just athletic ability.

Now, if you are talking about a player that will help his team win, then you don't want to go with Scotty Hopson. He is a dunking machine that can score when he wants to. he can block shots at will - but it has to be when he wants to. He is not a fierce competitor 100% of the time.

Best player - ? I think if I was a college coach - I would go with Mackey or Miller - both Juniors!

Showdown??? Scott County vs UHA. This game doesn't even excite most folks. Scott County by as many as they want.

I think that Scotty Hopson, Bud Mackey, Matt Walls, and Dan Langhi's little brother excited a lot of people. I also heard that UHA has had some players suspended for a couple of early games. I don't know how legit that is though.

I disagree. If you are talking potential, then it is without question - Scotty Hopson of UAH. I would almost guarantee that if you said Miller has the most potential, then you have not seen Scotty play. Hopson's raw talent exceeds anyone from KY in a long time. That includes Lofton. He has incredible hops, lightning quick, and a decent shot. He has the athletic ability of a, well, I know this is almost blasphemous, but kind of like Michael Jordan. Now, I didn't say player, just athletic ability.

Now, if you are talking about a player that will help his team win, then you don't want to go with Scotty Hopson. He is a dunking machine that can score when he wants to. he can block shots at will - but it has to be when he wants to. He is not a fierce competitor 100% of the time.

Best player - ? I think if I was a college coach - I would go with Mackey or Miller - both Juniors!

I was simply talking about the players included on the list. And if a player if not competing 100% of the time, and only plays when he wants to... then that player does not deserve a jersey.

You should've put Hopson on there.

Darius Miller has to be the best player in the state.

I don't see Florida's assistant coach at anyone else's games in the state. Aren't they the defending national champion?

Trust me, they wanted Hopson badly and yes, they offered. Donovan watched a lot of Hopson's games this past summer, along with Tubby Smith, Roy Williams, and every major college coach in America. Mississipi State won out because they worked the hardest at getting him. Hopson was sitting right behind UK's bench during midnight madness as well.