Best Player in the state

Who is the best player in the state?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best player in the state?

• Ty Proffitt
    • Steffphon Pettigrew
    • Darius Miller
    • Bud Mackey
    • Other

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I see is another Mr. Basketball that gets away from Tubby Smith and the Wildcats. Don't know why we aren't recruiting within our own state! Lofton, might of been a good pick up for the Cats, but oh yeah, someone said he wasn't a player and couldn't shoot, give me a break!

It has been 3 years since the Lofton pass up but still that seems to be all anyone can talk about. By the way some of you talk he is going to be the next Micheal Jordan. Yes he is an outstanding player at TN but I think that Tubby has more problems than that right now.

Well put. Those of you who have not seen him play should not be making your judgements about best potential. He is off the charts talent wise. Nobody comes close. Miller and Mackey are the closest talent wise, but they don't have what he has. Unfortunately, the boy doesn't give 100% all the time.

So you've seen everybody in the state play? If so, then please, tell us all. If not, let us stick to saying who we want, and you stick to yours.

So you've seen everybody in the state play? If so, then please, tell us all. If not, let us stick to saying who we want, and you stick to yours.

No, I think I would rather make sure everyone knows how good Hopson can be. Players with his potential don't come around that often here in KY. If people think Miller has more potential than Hopson, and I have seen them both play, then they have not seen Hopson play. Most people on here say Miller is hands down the best. If they have seen everyone play and not Hopson, then they are coming to a conclusion that is incorrect. That is all I am saying. Go wacth him play and then get on here and tell me there is a player in KY with more potential at the next level. I have already said he doesn't give 100% all the time - primarily on defense. So, I really don't even think he is as valuable to his team as Miller is to his. Potential? That is a different story. He is 6'6 with extremely long arms. Don't know what his vertical is, but it is way up there. He would win every dunk competition he entered. He can shoot well - not perfect form, but good. Think of the quickest guards in your region off the dribble - he is quicker than 95% of them. He has excellent timing and can take a game over at any level. Miller held his own in AAU. Hopson dominated in front of every major college coach in America. You can't dispute that.

No, I think I would rather make sure everyone knows how good Hopson can be. Players with his potential don't come around that often here in KY. If people think Miller has more potential than Hopson, and I have seen them both play, then they have not seen Hopson play. Most people on here say Miller is hands down the best. If they have seen everyone play and not Hopson, then they are coming to a conclusion that is incorrect. That is all I am saying. Go wacth him play and then get on here and tell me there is a player in KY with more potential at the next level. I have already said he doesn't give 100% all the time - primarily on defense. So, I really don't even think he is as valuable to his team as Miller is to his. Potential? That is a different story. He is 6'6 with extremely long arms. Don't know what his vertical is, but it is way up there. He would win every dunk competition he entered. He can shoot well - not perfect form, but good. Think of the quickest guards in your region off the dribble - he is quicker than 95% of them. He has excellent timing and can take a game over at any level. Miller held his own in AAU. Hopson dominated in front of every major college coach in America. You can't dispute that.

Right now potential is the best thing he has going for him. He is as talented as you say he is, but I was dissapointed with his work ethic. He does not make players around him better. Also he shot a very poor % when Ive seen him before. In my mind hes definitly not the best player in the state, but he does have the most potential based on what Ive seen, although the sky is the limit IMO for Miller and Mackey as well.

^ Trinity.

Is he considered the best player in Louisville? I don't understand why there isnt more good basketball prospects in that area. Football seems to have become the dominant sport in Louisville in the highschool ranks.

The only 3 players Im hearing much about from the area is Jacobs, Beckham, and the sophomore guard, Jenkins from Maunuel.