Best Player in the state

Who is the best player in the state?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best player in the state?

• Ty Proffitt
    • Steffphon Pettigrew
    • Darius Miller
    • Bud Mackey
    • Other

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of now he is dominating on both sides of the ball....if he continues to do so, in the roughest region in the state...look out.

Even if he is in a difficult region, look who T has played so far....Shawnee, Moore, Brown High School, CAL, Manual, Clarksville Northeast, and Greenwood. The only solid opponents in there (IMO) are Manual (who has very little interior prescence) and I guess Clarksville Northeast (who I know nothing about, other than that they held everyone on Trinity to a bad game in what is considered an upset). Nothing against the kid, but I just don't think he is one of the top 15 players in the state, let alone a member of this discussion.

An interesting question.

Steffon Pettigrew is putting up amazing numbers. But from what I hear his team isn't going to be very good. Matt Walls and Ty Proffit are also putting up very good numbers and should continue to do that. So say Walls averages around 26 points a game and around 10 boards and several assists and Scott Co has a great record. And Pettigrew averages over 30 a game and 12 rebounds or so. Who gets Mr. Basketball?

Tough one and its hard to say. For Walls though, it can be a little easier when you have to worry about Mackey, Lee, Portwood, and company. Pettigrew is getting the bulk of teams attention in Etown and he is still putting up big numbers.

I have seen all these top players, Walls, Pettigrew, Mackey, and Hopson, but not Miller. I hate to pass judgement before seeing him, but Pettigrew is an awfully tough high school player, with Walls and Mackey coming in behind him there. Hopson has tons of potential, the kid just doesnt go all out, all the time. Thats disheartening considering his ability. From all I hear, I believe Miller will fall in there with Walls and Mackey just behind Pettigrew. Pettigrew is a beast, Walls is smooth and can do so many things for SC, while Mackey is actually looking like a very good point guard and can take over if he decides to. Its good to have all this talent back in the state.

I think after Tanner Jacobs performance against Moses you might change your thinking. He has 10 out of 11 double doubles. I had a opportunity to watch Tanner Jacobs play Henry Clay this week and they tried to double team him, he scored 21 pts and pull down a boat full of rebounds. He plays with incredible intensity, blocks shots and also can pass the ball with incredible accuracy. His real strenght is in the way he runs the floor.

I think after Tanner Jacobs performance against Moses you might change your thinking. He has 10 out of 11 double doubles. I had a opportunity to watch Tanner Jacobs play Henry Clay this week and they tried to double team him, he scored 21 pts and pull down a boat full of rebounds. He plays with incredible intensity, blocks shots and also can pass the ball with incredible accuracy. His real strenght is in the way he runs the floor.

I saw him play Doss (among a few other games) and he struggles on the offensive end. He is a solid defender and an excellent rebounder.

Best players that I have seen this year so far are Knowles and Von Hoose. Sorry to say that while Jeff Brooks slam dunk at the end of the Trinity game was a thing of beauty, his play during the 5th/3rd did nothing to impress me as the best player in the State.

Best team so far? Male, with a honorable mention to Bishop Brossart and Russell....