Everything posted by Ace01
-
Whitley at South Laurel
I think that if Whitley can control the boards they can come out with a win tonite at South Laurel. Id say Whitley 62 South 56
-
Whitley at South Laurel
Whitley vs. South Laurel tonite at South Laurel who wins and by how much?
-
Perry Central/Hazard canceled
I believe Hazard still pulls this one out over Perry......58-53.
-
Letcher @ Whitley Predictions
Whitley was in the region finals in 1980 last...... whitley 30-22
-
Whitley/Pulaski Scrimmage
The Colonels have at least 2 Football Players coming out.. if not more..
-
Whitley/Pulaski Scrimmage
The Colonels had their first scrimmage last Thursday as they traveled to Pulaski Co. to pull out a 74-58 victory over Pulaski. Good start for the Colonels so far...
-
50th District?
I agree that Corbin is holding the #1 spot. But as far as South goes Im going to put them down at #3, with Whitley #2, then Williamsburg coming in at #4. I think that Corbin and Whitley will be a dog fight this year. Whitley has played over 30 games this summin with a 22-9 record. Thats pretty impressive if you ask me. I talked to one of the assistant coaches and he told me they beat Hazard earlier today by 20. I guess we'll just have to see how it playes out in the 50th District.
-
13th Region Job Openings
Rich Prewitt would be a great coach for the Colonel program. He does know the kids extremely well, especially with him being a principal in the system(Maybe Middle School) not real sure there. Plus he has been at Whitley before and had probably the best team Whitley has ever had IMO. The A.D. at Whitley should def. go for Prewitt.
-
Deaton Leaves Whitley Co.
Bubba what I have seen over the past couple of years is the program at Whitley is all about pleasing the parents. That is what everyone gets involved in. Until this stops you will not be seeing any District or Region Championship Trophys in the Colonels Trophy Case.
-
13th Region Job Openings
Well Bubba IDK about the assistant coaches..Siler is awfully young and Baker, I just dont know if he is ready to take over the Colonel program. Both of them seem like great coaches but this program may still need a little more work then what these to can offer. I think if Whitley County was smart they would try to go for Whitaker or maybe even one of the two Vernon boys from Cumberland College. At this point I think the Colonel program just needs a coach who will stick with it through thick and thin. That would be the best thing that could happen for this Colonel program. Sometimes I think that "Chemistry" has just as much or more meaning to a team then skill or athletes. Good Luck Whitley County in finding a great coach...
-
13th Region Job Openings
I hope that this Colonel program gets a good coach in there for those kids. Wow!!!I feel sry for the kids there at WCHS. For some of those kids its the 3rd coach in 4 yrs. thats horrible. Who do you think Whitley should offer the job to?
-
Deaton Leaves Whitley Co.
Yep it was Deatons choice. The Colonels will still be fine w/o Deaton, they are doing extremely well in summer camps. 12-3 to be exact
-
Deaton Leaves Whitley Co.
Yep..its official. He is back to Somerset as of yesterday morning.
-
Coaching Openings
Whitley County is now open for a coaching job...
-
Deaton Leaves Whitley Co.
Well today the news was spread that Colonels coach Mike Deaton will be going back to Somerset. He said it was family reasons. What does everyone else think about the situation?:ylsuper: :ylsuper:
-
Bell Co. vs Corbin predictions
Well being the basketball fan that The Ace is I think that the Corbin Officials at this game will keep it close in Corbins favor. But....Corbin isnt a good enough basketball team to play with the Bobcats tonight. IMO I think Bell will win by 18+.. Bell-79 Corbin-
-
Corbin vs. Whitley District Predictions
IDK if any of you saw the District Preview in the Whitley Republican..but to me it didnt sound like Iron Mike had a lot of faith in his Colonels at all..This to may be a HUGE factor in the game..especially if any of the team saw what Iron Mike said in the paper(Which I'm sure they had to)..what do you all think of this one?
-
Corbin vs. Whitley District Predictions
Nomorenoles I have to agree with you that Corbin does have Crawford, Johnson, Hamlin, Smith, Manns, Bartley, and ect... BUT!!! Whitley does have Lebanion, Prewitt, McCumbers, Powers, Crawford, Lowrie, and ect. I will admit I am a Whitley fan, which anyone who has read my posts Know That..but I still say this one will be a close call at the end.. Corbin will most likely beat the Colonels, everyone knows that but my friends "Stranger Things have happened in the 50'th District"..I think this one comes down to which team wants the regional bid more..IMO.. I have to change my prediction from a couple of weeks ago from 73-72 Corbin, to 63-56 Corbin still winning in a close one.. This Whitley County bunch we have down here will surprise a lot of people Tuesday night..:thumb:
-
Corbin vs. Whitley District Predictions
Who wins this game in the 1st round of the district tournament? My prediction is Whitley wins in a close 73-72.:ylsuper: The Colonels are playing well in the late part of the season. The Hounds are still playing well also. Will Mike Deatons Colonels be ready for the challenge, in my opinion yes they will, but I guess we will all have to see.
-
Mr. Basketball
I have to say Ty Proffit, he is a very good point guard that can only get better. My Mr. Basketball goes to Ty Proffit of South Laurel.:thumb:
-
Whitley Co. 71 North Laurel 62
Who all played well for the Colonels in this game? This to me seems a bit surprising..I mean the Colonels over N.L. Any stats on this one and who was a few difference makers in this game?
-
Whitley 79 Williamsburg 43
The refs were defiantly not a factor in this game. Williamsburg just got outplayed from the start. Whitley started out with #20 Jared Roaden on Mcray and shut him down on the start. Then Deaton put #22 Ben Prewitt on Mcray and he did an excellent job on him and shut him down. Williamsburg has to have Mcray or they wouldnt win a game, and tonight due to Prewitt and Roaden they it seemed as if they didnt have Mcray therefor they get beat by 27 at Lawson Gymnasium. Well Done for the Colonels:flame:
-
South Laurel vs. Whitley County Predictions
You've gotta point Jim, nice reply..we'll have to see I guess.
-
Most underrated players in the 13th
Lebanion, Prewitt, and McCumbers from Whitley County these 3 guards could compete with any other 3 guards in the region, take out maybe South Laurel, with Proffit, Hammonds, and Smith.:ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper:
-
South Laurel vs. Whitley County Predictions
Does anyone have any predictions for the South vs. Whitley game, does South Laurel losing there last 3 games by 20+points have to do with anything? Does anyone think that Whitley can play with them at all in this game?