Whitley 79 Williamsburg 43

The Colonels got one by Williamsburg tonight. The Teague kid not playing made a big difference in the game.Williamsburgs defense was way off. They did not rebound well. And would someone please explain to me why McRay from Williamsburg plays such selfish ball. He has talent but he will take the worst shot that I have ever seen. Someone on Whitley's side said that they heard that he gives up more points to the opposing team than he make for his own team just simply by making bad, selfisf shots and turning the ball over. He will drive down in between 3 opposing players, try some fancy looking shot, miss, and then the ball lands in the hands of the opposing team.

I've watched his teammates stand down below the goal, wide open, clapping their hands and asking for the ball and 99% of the time he will not pass the ball and will drive in on his own. I personally watched him get flustered at tonights game and not get back on defense. He stood still while the rest of the team played defense. I can't stand to watch that happen. He should have been taken out of the game immediately. He may be a Senior but he is not a leader. He needs to take a 1st. grade spelling course and learn that the word teamwork is not spelled with an I. Did anyone see the game tonight? How long will Teague be out?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not having Teague would not have made a difference in this game... IMO ...

Why not? He is one of their leading scorers and one of their leading rebounders. I think that having one of their dependable players out kind of hurt the Jackets confidence. What do you think that the problem was?

Why not? He is one of their leading scorers and one of their leading rebounders. I think that having one of their dependable players out kind of hurt the Jackets confidence. What do you think that the problem was?

I'm just saying he wouldn't have made a 36-point difference. The kid is a good player, but the better team won tonight.

I'm just saying he wouldn't have made a 36-point difference. The kid is a good player, but the better team won tonight.

The Teague kid scored 26 points in the Lynn Camp game and 21 in the Harlan game He can also bring down some good rebounds for the Jackets that could have been turned into points. Lets not forget that the Officiating was not exactly called fairly tonight. This was a horribly called game. Whitley County

hand checked the entire ballgame and not one ref noticed. They also did everything but sit down and rest inside the paint. I personally counted more than one player stay in the paint over 7 seconds several times during the game.

That's just the nature of the beast...you gotta deal with abd officiating...maybe you were so focused on the officials and forgot the final score.

You're probably right Les. I was focused on the officiating tonight. At one point our kids were getting beat to death and Whitley had only 2 fouls on them and we had 9. I hate to see any team play hard for a game and the scales get tipped in their opponants favor by bad refreeing. It's joke about how Whitley can hand check and get away with it.

I wasn't there, so I can't argue with you. I wasn't downing Teague, though. He is a very good kid and who knows, he might have made a difference.

Williamsburg is improving and that's something positive.

You're probably right Les. I was focused on the officiating tonight. At one point our kids were getting beat to death and Whitley had only 2 fouls on them and we had 9. I hate to see any team play hard for a game and the scales get tipped in their opponants favor by bad refreeing. It's joke about how Whitley can hand check and get away with it.

Look the game has basically went to that around here. The refs do not call it much so kids tend to do that more. If I could do it and get away with it I would too.

When the game is called the way this game was(hand checking/holding was allowed using both hands to keep the offensive player in front of you), you cannot dribble penetrate and must make the extra pass or be able to hit from the outside. Williamsburg did not adjust until it was too late as their players got a little frustrated and it played into Whitley's hand.

Williamsburg had a 12-7 lead, then Whitley went on something like a 25-0 run to basically put the game out of reach. McCumbers and Lebanion both had big games for Whitley and Wburg needs Teague back ASAP.

Teague was missed tonignt along with Brandon Conlin who gets alot of playing time. On a neutral gym with officals who really don't care about the winner or loser of the game (the better team won)! Whitley did play well tonight, but the officals could of used more training.

The refs were not rookies. They also called the girls game. I would say that being tired effected their performance but they were terrible in that game to. The refs were not the differance. The Burg lost their composure during the big run. Dickie V. would have been screaming get a T.O. coach.