Bell Co. vs Corbin predictions

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bell looked pretty good tonight......I think it depends on which teams show up....the Bell team that lost to Clay, barely beat Cumberland or the Bell team that played tonight....same goes for the Hounds...which team shows up the team that beat Cumberland by 15, Clay by 17 or the one that has struggled to beat Whitley and Pineville( no offense) tonight......I think it will be a good game. I hope the officals call it as tight as they did the first game tonight. That was a well called game. The second game was not called as well IMO.

If Bell Co. comes to play like they did tonight, then in my opinion the only way Corbin has a chance at winning is if they can somehow slow the ball down and keep the final score in the 40 to 50 point range.

Red Bird is a team that should have never made it out of that district and it easy to look good against a team like that...Bell is very talented and Corbin will have to play very good to beat them...

I'm not going out on a limb and saying Corbin will win going away and I'll grant you that I didn't stick around for the Bell game tonight to watch them. I just haven't really been impressed with Bell. I know that I'm in the minority and Bell is a great team but they seem to be very beatable imo. They beat Corbin by 6 at Bell in the third game of the season with Slusher. Take into consideration that 3 of Corbin's key players are Freshman and the rest are basically sophomores.

I see a player like Isaac Wilson giving little Whitaker fits. He was easily rattled when Cumberland got up on him on D. Bell's post players are good but seem like they could be pushed around by Manns, Cashen, and Crawford. I believe Crawford can stick on Whitaker but don't know if it could work the other way around. Johnson, Smith, and Barley match up well with Zachary as well.

Corbin 74

Bell 63

Corbin will have to play very well though and not be in the semi funk they've been in over the past 4 games.

Hound82, maybe you should be a coach. I am impressed with your insight into the game of basketball. Bell is very good and much older than the Hounds. I am with you brother, I believe the Hounds can win if they show up and play with much heart and a ton of Redhound pride.

Hound82, maybe you should be a coach. I am impressed with your insight into the game of basketball. Bell is very good and much older than the Hounds. I am with you brother, I believe the Hounds can win if they show up and play with much heart and a ton of Redhound pride.

I don't know about coaching basketball...maybe football one day since that's my plan. :thumb: You are right about Bell being a lot older and more experienced. That right there alone could cancel out the matchup problems. Experience will take a team a long way..in fact probably further than pure talent will. However point guard is the most important position on the floor and Bell is being ran by a freshman. Corbin splits their point guard duties with a Sr. (Hamlin), Jr (Cashen), Soph (Crawford), and Fr (Wilson) with Hamlin and Wilson getting the most minutes. I think Hamlin and Wilson can give young Whitaker absolute fits and that'll be the difference. Wilson is just a freshman too but I swear he puts me in mind of Rajon Rondo with his quickness and pesky D. Just comparing styles and not players in that case.