Reds vs. Giants (5/3 - 5/6)

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve said it several times, this team is not that far off, start hitting a little more consistent and cut out the silliness that has plagued them the last 4-5 years, they’ve got a shot!!

Reed looked really good!!

I totally agree, must cut out the stupid mistakes that leads to losses. Just can't give away games. Votto with a good game, two walks and scored a run. At least he contributed.

Perhaps Senzel was the spark this offense needed. The Reds have scored 20 runs the last two nights. I still don’t like Bell’s lineups , ( I wish he would stick with one) but if this offense can become consistent scoring runs I’m very high on the pitching staff this year. I would love to see Senzel being called up and inserted into the lineup become the equivalent of Sparky moving Pete to 3B and getting Foster’s bat in the lineup in 1975, and the Reds go on a run like the 75 Reds when they went 96-42 the rest of the year.

One of the few "positive" moves they have made that I really agree with.

I've upgraded my opinion of Puig. Originally thought it was all about him, and in the "fight" totally out of place, labeled him a Reds version of Burfict.

However, he seems to be making an honest effort to contribute, OR maybe has learned from his negative LA experience.

I feel like watching him in the ballbark, he seems like he is very much about this team and his teammates. Always celebrating their success.

Wow, what a catch by Pillar! I don't know if he actually robbed Senzel of a homer, but impressive coordination/concentration. Hats off.

I was bummed for Senzel when I first saw this live, but wasn't sure if it would have made it out or not. Glad he got himself one later.

One of the few "positive" moves they have made that I really agree with.

I've upgraded my opinion of Puig. Originally thought it was all about him, and in the "fight" totally out of place, labeled him a Reds version of Burfict.

However, he seems to be making an honest effort to contribute, OR maybe has learned from his negative LA experience.

I feel like watching him in the ballbark, he seems like he is very much about this team and his teammates. Always celebrating their success.

I agree. He seems very passionate about his team, and not just himself. I think he still has a few "unbridled" moments every now and then (mostly on the base paths), but it's always been in the aggressive side. And I'll take that any day over someone that just mails it in.

I agree. He seems very passionate about his team, and not just himself. I think he still has a few "unbridled" moments every now and then (mostly on the base paths), but it's always been in the aggressive side. And I'll take that any day over someone that just mails it in.

I like the fire and how pumped he gets for his teammates. Dont feel like they've had a guy like that since maybe Johnny Gomes haha

Probably Cody Reed.

Hope not. Would rather see Duke released. Doesn’t make much sense to me. I can’t imagine him getting much playing time. Already have Iglesias, Dietrich and Peraza fighting for playing time.

MLB Trade rumors is reporting that the Reds have selected Josh VanMeter’s contract from Louisville. I have no idea who they would send down unless it’s Kyle Farmer, which would be very surprising to me since he’s the 3rd catcher and has played reasonably well.

Reds To Select Josh VanMeter - MLB Trade Rumors

I know the guy is raking at AAA, but I hate to bring him up just to sit him. And I agree with you, that if anyone is to go, it should probably be Duke. You've got your outfield set and probably are not going to pinch hit for any of those 3. Having Dietrich, Peraza and Iglesias sharing 2 starting spots leaves you with 1 on the bench, along with Casili and Farmer. And, I think that they can get by with that, considering the Lorenzen factor (if he's already in the game, you don't necessarily have to worry about pinch hitting for him).

So, was tonight an audition for Cody Reed? Like Welsh said on tv, when was the last time the Reds had 4 left-handers in the bullpen. Got to feel like it's Duke or Peralta on the hot seat.

I know the guy is raking at AAA, but I hate to bring him up just to sit him. And I agree with you, that if anyone is to go, it should probably be Duke. You've got your outfield set and probably are not going to pinch hit for any of those 3. Having Dietrich, Peraza and Iglesias sharing 2 starting spots leaves you with 1 on the bench, along with Casili and Farmer. And, I think that they can get by with that, considering the Lorenzen factor (if he's already in the game, you don't necessarily have to worry about pinch hitting for him).

So, was tonight an audition for Cody Reed? Like Welsh said on tv, when was the last time the Reds had 4 left-handers in the bullpen. Got to feel like it's Duke or Peralta on the hot seat.

SURELY it’s Duke, no more than Bell has trusted him to use him, and justifiably so.