Reds vs. Giants (5/3 - 5/6)

Since no one has already started the thread, I figured I'll make a spot start and get this one underway.

Reds return home for brief 4-game homestand against the Giants this weekend (mother nature permitting)

Friday 7:10pm

Saturday 7:10pm

Sunday 4:35pm

Monday 12:35pm

Tonight, Sonny Gray (0-4) 3.64 ERA takes on Tyler Beede (making his major league debut)

I've got some good vibes about this series, and think we can take 3 of 4 from San Fran.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be interesting to see, when the lineups come out, if Senzel is starting.

He almost has to, doesn't he?

First we have to hear he is officially called up. I think it is rumors and nothing official yet, right?

But, assuming he is called up, I could see it going either way as far as starting tonight. They could say take a day to get settled in. They could say go get 'em.

First we have to hear he is officially called up. I think it is rumors and nothing official yet, right?

But, assuming he is called up, I could see it going either way as far as starting tonight. They could say take a day to get settled in. They could say go get 'em.

For what it's worth, it does not look like he played in the Bats' game last night. Don't know if he was still with the team or not.

I may just stroke out if Bell subscribes to Dusty's old line of thinking.

I will say if the Reds have let people speculate all week without shooting down the rumors and don't call him up, they may lose even more fans for the year. You're down to your diehards on a regular basis now, don't tick them off!

Same can be said if he's up, but Schebler is back in the lineup.

Cincinnati Reds

Verified account

@Reds

Following Following @Reds

More

The #Reds have selected the contract of CF Nick Senzel from the Triple-A @LouisvilleBats, optioned to Louisville RHP Matt Bowman and transferred to the 60-day IL 2B Scooter Gennett.

... and now it's official!

Cincinnati Reds

Verified account

@Reds

More

The #Reds have selected the contract of CF Nick Senzel from the Triple-A @LouisvilleBats, optioned to Louisville RHP Matt Bowman and transferred to the 60-day IL 2B Scooter Gennett.

One minute faster than me.

Tonight's lineup:

Mark Sheldon

Verified account

@m_sheldon

4m4 minutes ago

More

Early posting of the #reds lineup vs. SF, with Senzel in the 2nd spot.

Votto 3

Senzel 8

Winker 7

Puig 9

Dietrich 4

Iglesias 6

Farmer 5

Gray 1

Barnhart 2

Cincinnati Reds

Verified account

@Reds

More

That's an awfully crowded outfield. You have to think the Reds have to move one of them with Kemp due to come of the DL soon.

That's an awfully crowded outfield. You have to think the Reds have to move one of them with Kemp due to come of the DL soon.

Was just thinking the same. It's a shame Kemp and Schebler haven't done more to bring anything in trade. You'd have to think with Schebler still having one option left that he goes to AAA for a bit.

I've been keeping an eye on it today. Looks like you should be in the clear on the rain the rest of the night, low 70's for a temp.

I sure hope your right. I stayed true to my commitment to my Reds boss instead of bailing for the Justin Moore concert at NKU.