Jerry Rice Greatest Player of All Time???

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why?

They touch the ball every snap. If I'm starting a team and I would pick at least five QB's ahead of a RB. RB's are easier to replace (Denver) and QB's must have talent, smarts, and the ability to make good decisions quickly. RB's have to be fast and strong. Elway, Marino, Montana, Young, and Favre are all better than Rice and Brown IMO.

Or you could just say he plays football...that's a good reason.

I'll stick with what I said if that's the best you can come up with...:D

Right, but a tackle doesn't get tackled by a large group of men. People aren't trying to hit the tackle or the QB. RB and WR are the most dangerous positions in football.

Barry Sanders was the best RB I've seen play and since he never really had a good QB they didn't win much. Granted the rest of the team wasn't much better, but had Favre been there instead of Sanders they would have won more games.
I like Barry Sanders also, as a RB and one of the best.

Rice was as dominating player, at his position than anyone I can recall. He is definitely one of the best players of all-time, which has to include both defensive and offensive.

Dick Butkus

Walter Payton

George Blanda

Joe Montana

Joe Greene

Randy White

Marcus Allen

Earl Campbell

Lawrence Taylor

....and many others, come to mind at being mentioned as the Best but perhaps not the Best NFL of All-Time. Excellent question and perhaps, not a definitive answer.

They touch the ball every snap. If I'm starting a team and I would pick at least five QB's ahead of a RB. RB's are easier to replace (Denver) and QB's must have talent, smarts, and the ability to make good decisions quickly. RB's have to be fast and strong. Elway, Marino, Montana, Young, and Favre are all better than Rice and Brown IMO.

1/2 the snaps technically.

And it does not take a great QB to win the Super Bowl. Just one that won't hurt you.

1/2 the snaps technically.

And it does not take a great QB to win the Super Bowl. Just one that won't hurt you.

Captain Obvious to the rescue, and the vast vast majority of Super Bowl winners have had very good QB's at the helm. Though not necessary, all the great teams have had great QB's.

Captain Obvious to the rescue, and the vast vast majority of Super Bowl winners have had very good QB's at the helm. Though not necessary, all the great teams have had great QB's.

Jim Plunket, Doug Williams, Ben Rothelisberger, Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Kurt Warner, Mark Rypien, Jim McMahon would not be included as some of the greats at QB.

I like Barry Sanders also, as a RB and one of the best.

Rice was as dominating player, at his position than anyone I can recall. He is definitely one of the best players of all-time, which has to include both defensive and offensive.

Dick Butkus

Walter Payton

George Blanda

Joe Montana

Joe Greene

Randy White

Marcus Allen

Earl Campbell

Lawrence Taylor

....and many others, come to mind at being mentioned as the Best but perhaps not the Best NFL of All-Time. Excellent question and perhaps, not a definitive answer.

Who is Randy White ?

If Barry Sanders would have played longer he would be the best RB/Football Player of all time IMO. I believe he played 10 seasons (1989-1998)...How does that stack up against the years for other running backs ?

Sanders was the first running back to rush for more than 1,000 yards in each of his 10 seasons with the Detroit

Sanders became the first NFL running back to record five 1,500-yard rushing seasons, in addition to being the only back to do so in four consecutive seasons (1994-1997).

Selected to play in the Pro Bowl each of his 10 NFL seasons

14 Straight 100 Yards Rushing Game (Record at the time, maybe still is)

153 Games

3062 Rushing Attempts

15,269 Yards Rushing

5.0 Yards Per Attempt

99 Rushing TD

10 Receiving TD

Born: July 16, 1968

5'8" 203 lbs

Elected to Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2004