2019 Jack Kaelin NKY Freshman Invitational Tourney

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, response was in regards to the St.Henry-Beechwood matchup.The question was asked if any of the heralded 8th graders got moved up.

For Beechwood or St. Henry? Don’t know much about Beechwood’s 8th Grade team, but know lots about St. Henry’s.

Question:

Can the ref put time on the clock in high school?

No sour grapes here.

Situation.

NCC scores with 4-5 seconds left. The ref doesn't call timeout until 2.2 seconds.

Refs discuss with Ryle Coach.

Put 6 seconds on clock.

Great job by Ryle, great execution by the Ryle team.

Question:

Can the ref put time on the clock in high school?

No sour grapes here.

Situation.

NCC scores with 4-5 seconds left. The ref doesn't call timeout until 2.2 seconds.

Refs discuss with Ryle Coach.

Put 6 seconds on clock.

Great job by Ryle, great execution by the Ryle team.

Per the official scorekeeper from the game:

When NCC scored our Athletic Trainer was looking at the clock and it read 6.9. I also thought it was about that when I looked. None of the stripes near asked me or the trainer about the time.

Prior to NCC scoring the Ryle coach told the officials that if NCC scored he would be calling a time out, and the stripes told him to yell and scream as loud as he could so they could hear him.

When NCC scored the entire bench of Ryle was screaming and both the Ryle head coach and his assistant were well out on the floor yelling time out.

The stripes heard him and signaled but it takes seconds to acknowledge the TO and for the timekeeper to hit the stop button. The clock read if, I remember correctly, about 2.9 seconds or close to that. The officials got together and told the timekeeper to put 6.0 seconds on the clock.

That is a crazy statement!

The human response and electrical response should not be reversed because people want it to be.

I do not believe the official can determine that it only took .9 seconds (as your trainer says) to put 6 seconds on the clock. The official would never be able to determine that without a monitor.

I’ve personally never seen a high school game where time was added onto the clock. Unless the clock person just ran clock in mistake. 2.2 vs 6 sec makes a huge difference.

But I take nothing from Ryle who played a great game and drew up a great final play. Overall great game.