Beechwood 99 Dohn Community (OH) 69

Tigers win an up and down playground game. Scotty Draud had 27pts and CJ Brannen added 18pts. Dohn has a kid #2 that is the most talented player I have seen all year. He had 31pts & 25reb.. The kid looks like a college player right now. I’d say he is 6’6 200lbs..

Playground game is an accurate description, but it was fun to watch. It was great seeing the Tigers play at that pace but stay under control. Beechwood's athleticism was on full display. The Tigers have some very athletic young players coming off the bench.

That #2 for Dohn is worth the price of admission. He could do it all. He had several highlight reel dunks. He hit threes. He dribbled full court through the press. He is a next level impact player.

Dohn is an athlete magnet school. Two years old, I heard.

I Googled the school last night when I saw this thread, and your info is in conflict with what I found.

Apparently it's a multi-campus private school for at-risk kids in the Cincinnati area. The high school campus has been in the Walnut Hills neighborhood since 2005. I couldn't find anything on when the school started, the earliest anything I could find about them was an article about the "Dohn Communty School" buying a building in Walnut Hills in 2001 with the intent of moving their high school into it.

They apparently fielded a football team for the first time last year with like 18 kids on the team. I wonder if maybe the school's basketball program is only two years old?

Interesting side note...they also have special certification to have adults in their classes to obtain high school diplomas. So not a GED program, but actual adult-age high school students.