Most Americans don't believe Dems have a plan for Iraq

Booge

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Working on it. Finally.

Do you honestly think Bush would be scrambling all over the place, calling in Baker and his daddy, and having meeting after meeting after meeting on Iraq if the Republicans would have retained both houses? Come on man.

You think there hasn't been meeting after meeting on Iraq all along? Come on man.

End to a do nothing congress???? I'll believe that when I see it. Who do you think has been obstructing getting anything done? Both parties. That will continue with the razor thin margins we continue to have. The difference will only be in the laws that will be held up. Until our representatives have more on their minds than playing "we won that one" nothing will come out of congress.

End to a do nothing congress???? I'll believe that when I see it. Who do you think has been obstructing getting anything done? Both parties. That will continue with the razor thin margins we continue to have. The difference will only be in the laws that will be held up. Until our representatives have more on their minds than playing "we won that one" nothing will come out of congress.

I think the Dems have a trump card this time. I think W will be very coperative.

Names?

Daddy for one. James Baker is another big plus for another.

Other's mentioned: William Cohen and Lee Hamilton to name two more. I think we will see even more former statesmen and diplomats involved before it is done. The same ones whose advice has not been consulted much in the last 4 years.

Here's a link to a USA story. http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-11-13-bush-iraq_x.htm?csp=34

I think the Dems have a trump card this time. I think W will be very coperative.

But they have to get it past the congress. I don't see it happening unless it is something the conservative democrats and the republicans buy into. W will cooperate on some things that fit his agenda but I expect to see the veto on a lot of legislation.

Daddy for one. James Baker is another big plus for another.

Other's mentioned: William Cohen and Lee Hamilton to name two more. I think we will see even more former statesmen and diplomats involved before it is done. The same ones whose advice has not been consulted much in the last 4 years.

Here's a link to a USA story. http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-11-13-bush-iraq_x.htm?csp=34

I never really thought of them for their consensus building and diplomacy although they certainly have the experience.

Listen I think that most americans feel that no plan is better than the plan that has been in place. No not really but the people do want to hear something.

To paraphrase John Kerry, Study hard and make good grades or you could end up spending your life as a republican......

Actually, I think Americans expect a storybook ending like most of the war movies they see in the theatres. If the American citizens thought that this was going to be a short, clean process, they were mistaken. I did not expect it to be done and over in 2-3 years but us involved for 8-10 years. I remember many people expressing that also when this first started.

Yes, the military campaign, short but getting Iraq up and running a long-term commitment. Did I expect the terrorists and insurgents to be so committed and brutal, no.

Consensus with who?

Allies.

Middle Eastern Nations that might be of help in calming some of the waters.

Isn't it interesting that Bush I and Jim Baker could carve out a coalition among all of these nations to expel Iraq from Kuwait but Bush II has received little to no support in his 6 years from these same nations. I really believe it was the lack of diplomacy from his foreign policy that has allowed things to escalate more.

I repeat again that after 9/11 we had the opportunity to build sympathetic inroads into some key players in the Middle East. But once the Iraqi invasion was on we lost that chance so that even our best allies appear disinterested in our quagmire.

Just my take.

Actually, I think Americans expect a storybook ending like most of the war movies they see in the theatres. If the American citizens thought that this was going to be a short, clean process, they were mistaken.

Well, we were treated to a feel-good scene reminiscent of Top Gun when W proclaimed "Mission Accomplished" on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier three and a half years ago.

Bush thumbs up.jpg