Most Americans don't believe Dems have a plan for Iraq

Booge

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061115/ap_on_re_us/postelection_ap_poll

Also, most Americans do not think things will be better with Dem control of Congress. For all the Dems who love to quote poll results, what about this???

Dems just got control and already most people think they can't get it done...

This isn't a short honeymoon, this is NO honeymoon...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say if I had to guess they expected more press conferences and the dems saying this is what our goals are all right away. The people are impatient.

I didn't vote for too many dems, however I'd say these polls are just like many, looking to stir things up. If we haven't seen them(dems) setting things in motion or SERIOUSLY TRYING to do so then I'd say that this past election was nothing more than a power struggle in which the dems just wanted to be able to pat themselves on the back for winning an election, and used exactly what they had going for them to do so.

I guess no plan was better for most than a bad plan. :D

Seriously though, I'm really disturbed that the Democrats have gotten so wrapped up in the "blame the GOP" game, that they really have no plan for anything other than take over Congress, put Nancy Pelosi in the Speaker's seat and continue pointing fingers at the GOP until the Dems win the White House. This "strategy" could be disastrous for the Democrats. If they don't quickly come up with an agenda to fix problems, rather than lay blame for the problems, they could find themselves neutered over the next 10 years.

That's not a joke. That's exactly what happened. As I've said, this was not a "pro Democrat" or a move to liberalism. This vote was a slap at the existing Republican party and its leadership.

Most Americans don't believe Dems have a plan for Iraq --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And yet most Americans voted for them anyway.

I believe the vote was more anti-Bush than pro-Democrat. I believe the Dems would be wise to realize this and work in the next two years to win the trust of the voters in 2008, because I do not think they will be able to rely on anti-Bush vote come 2008.

Seriously though, I'm really disturbed that the Democrats have gotten so wrapped up in the "blame the GOP" game, that they really have no plan for anything other than take over Congress, put Nancy Pelosi in the Speaker's seat and continue pointing fingers at the GOP until the Dems win the White House. This "strategy" could be disastrous for the Democrats. If they don't quickly come up with an agenda to fix problems, rather than lay blame for the problems, they could find themselves neutered over the next 10 years.

It really could. If they don't come up with something, I could see this playing a big role in allowing Republicans to keep the presidency. But, I'm no political expert.

The more and more I think about last Tuesday's election results, the more and more I am heartened by what it says for democracy and the American experiement. It, too, is like capitalism and the jury system, sooner or later it is going to correct itself.

If the Dems don't come up with something concrete, there will be another political "market" correction in 2-4 years.

Your right Hearsay.

But do people not understand that the Democrats aren't even in power yet. The seats picked up last Tuesday can't cast a vote folks!

Wait until the 110th Congress at least has a week under their belt before you starting crying.

The majority of the American people wanted, and got exactly what the asked for on Nov 7th. A Democratic Congress, A Democratic Senate, an end to a DO NOTHING Republican House and Senate, an end to IRAQ, an end to ENDLESS SPENDING, an end to CORRUPTION and TAINTED VALUES.

I don't know if that's what the American people wanted exactly, but if it is the Dems are off to a very bad start...Corruption and tainted values isn't a Republican thing as informed people know, and Pelosi is off to a very bad start in that regard for the Dems...

Listen I think that most americans feel that no plan is better than the plan that has been in place. No not really but the people do want to hear something.

To paraphrase John Kerry, Study hard and make good grades or you could end up spending your life as a republican......

The majority of the American people wanted, and got exactly what the asked for on Nov 7th. A Democratic Congress, A Democratic Senate, an end to a DO NOTHING Republican House and Senate, an end to IRAQ, an end to ENDLESS SPENDING, an end to CORRUPTION and TAINTED VALUES.

We got an end to Iraq?