UK Secret Recruit???

lcdawg4life

I don't think people take into consideration that the circus that he is traveling with is most likely making him do all this. I feel sorry for the kid actually. His life is run by a few people trying to make a buck off him.

I agree with you 100%, but I also believe wherever he goes the circus will follow. Now, Im not so sure I wouldnt take a chance on him, but there is obviously a high risk in doing so.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Huntington High School will just be his 2nd high school during his 4 years. The years he spent at Rose Hill were grade school and middle school.

Yes you are right. I guess I could rephrase that and say that Huntington High is the 3rd HS team he has played for. It may really help him however, to get away from Bill Walker, it may help both of them.

I love how the 18% doesn't want Mayo. If he was coming or even showed interest in UK, this wouldn't be the talk.

I am far from the 18%. :confused: I think you may be confused on who the 18% are. To link me with the 18% is fighting words.:fight: :D

If he was going to UK EVERY UK fan would be in love with his skills right now. We'd be talking Final 4 and Mayo would be our pre-season savior.

I love his skills right now anyways. And obviously if he panned out he would make us a strong Final 4 contender, but if we did have him right now I'd be scared to death of the risk we would be taking.

Also, I dont care who it is, we are talking about highschool kids and when we do sign one most people find it much more beneficial to embrace them rather than be down on them.

That is why I said IMO and you have yours. :D

The one difference though is that you're throwing a pretty serious criticism and I'm not. I think he would fit in just fine. He's never appeared to be a ball hog in high school and actually seems to relish the good pass.

The only potential negative in my book would be the one-year stay.

No one is questioning his talent. People are just worried about him being uncoachable and also all the baggage he could bring to a team. Hes been in 3 different high schools during his 4 years. I think that is something that should be considered. Also, he is only a 1 year player at best. There is a lot of negatives with him even though he is a superb talent on the court.

When have you heard or witnessed that he's uncoachable? You guys are punishing the kid for Mr. Barnes' influence and decisions.

The one difference though is that you're throwing a pretty serious criticism and I'm not. I think he would fit in just fine. He's never appeared to be a ball hog in high school and actually seems to relish the good pass.

The only potential negative in my book would be the one-year stay.

:thumb: :thumb: I think his entourage has given OJ a bad name.

When have you heard or witnessed that he's uncoachable? You guys are punishing the kid for Mr. Barnes' influence and decisions.

Who is Mr. Barnes? There has been several reports of behavior issues with Mayo, like Bill Walker and him beating up a kid (I have no idea what really happened). Also you hear rumors all the time about stuff that has happened with Mayo. Im not saying he is a bad apple, but with all the talk I think its reasonable to say it is risky with Mayo.

Also, with all Ive heard, even if Mayo signs a LOI that doesnt mean he will play. He could change his mind at any moment and go to some developmental league and not even go to college period.

Who is Mr. Barnes? There has been several reports of behavior issues with Mayo, like Bill Walker and him beating up a kid (I have no idea what really happened). Also you hear rumors all the time about stuff that has happened with Mayo. Im not saying he is a bad apple, but with all the talk I think its reasonable to say it is risky with Mayo.

Also, with all Ive heard, even if Mayo signs a LOI that doesnt mean he will play. He could change his mind at any moment and go to some developmental league and not even go to college period.

When you have 2 KIDS that are as high profile as these 2 are things like that happen. They are RUMORS. I'm not sure which one or if any are true so until I see one of them do something very bad then I stick with what I say. Now I did hear the OJ getting in a fight was true but then again you never know.

Who is Mr. Barnes? .

"Mr. Barnes" is Dwain(sp?) Barnes who is his guardian. He also coaches his AAU team and decides where and what is best for OJ. OJ appears to be getting no leadership and direction from anyone else besides him.

OJ got in a fight in high school. Lots of kids get into fights at high school. I'm going to need more substance than that to write him off as a "bad apple."

"Mr. Barnes" is Dwain(sp?) Barnes who is his guardian. He also coaches his AAU team and decides where and what is best for OJ. OJ appears to be getting no leadership and direction from anyone else besides him.

OJ got in a fight in high school. Lots of kids get into fights at high school. I'm going to need more substance than that to write him off as a "bad apple."

If you read my post carefully you will see that I said I was not calling him a bad apple and I completely believe in kids getting 2nd chances. Like I have said, I would strongly consider taking him. But I do also believe there is a risk there. Rumors maybe just that, but sometimes they do end up true. Also, if Barnes is making all these bad decisions for Mayo, whos to say they will stop when he gets in college? And whos to say that his entourage wouldnt cause a lot of problems?

The only thing Tubby might want to avoid is that Mayo would only stay one season, not too far from what Rondo did, what Azibuke, Mash, et.al. did. Other than that, some of you are absolutely right. There's no way I want the best player in the land, and frankly immediately one of the top players in all of college basketball. Who in their right mind would want that?:rolleyes:

A. Huggins

The only thing Tubby might want to avoid is that Mayo would only stay one season, not too far from what Rondo did, what Azibuke, Mash, et.al. did. Other than that, some of you are absolutely right. There's no way I want the best player in the land, and frankly immediately one of the top players in all of college basketball. Who in their right mind would want that?:rolleyes:

A. Huggins

We didn't agree on something again did we? Man the Steelers are BAD!!!! :D