Male 33 St. Xavier 7

Birdsfan

Barerock, I don't have a "DOG" in your fight there son, but if you claim to be a Christian the word "Hate' there is used alot. Jesus tells us to love each other, and to love our enemies. The X coach wouldn't be worth his salt if he didn't stand up for his team and the "Storm"... people that nite lost their lives. You were inside the conversation between the refs and the coaches? I have a hard time believeing that Coach Beatty wanted to keep playing that nite. X isn't wrong when they say "we only got beat twice". The game is four quarters long. The kids come first Dude. "Do not judge your brother, for yourself will be judged". On the game, it was just our turn. On the other post I said the kids have had good teams in the past but got knocked out in the playoffs and we knew they would play hard. Its hard when your season ends and after the game Coach Glaser walked through the Male team twice talking to the Male kids and didn't see Douglas and was looking for him. Also Doug and Vic hugged for a long time and that was nice to see. X, next year you will a very good team. Thanks for your class this year. BareRock Good Luck on Friday.

Nice post :thumb:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you say to a 17 year old kid that poured his heart into X for 4 years, gave it everything he had, didn't get to really play Trinity his senior year, loved his "9-3" teammates, win or lose, cried after the game and worried about his friends that were hurt? He also loved to watch DVD's of the games with his Dad, recreate plays on the driveway, play at WKU's stadium, was awed by playing in Paul Brown stadium. Now he realizes that he will never play the game again like this or love something so much with so many? For some It's easy to forget what it's all about. Trinity and Male has the same kind of kids and it's not everyone on the team. They make the sport what it is. Good Game Male. Good Luck Trinity. St. X taught my son many lessons the least of which is to work hard and never quit no matter what. Of course he wanted to win. Now he wants to understand why it hurts so much? The answer he will work out next to me in the stands and if I'm lucky we can teach it to another Tiger, around 2031! Go Tigers and remember you are always a "Band of Brothers" no matter what your record was, how you lost one game and most importantly what other say or do.

Nice post Stxman. It is horrible watching a son go through a loss like this...there are no words to make them feel better. As much as you would like to take the pain away it's just not possible. Your only hope is that they take it as a learning experience about life.

Don't you think that T had something to do with the QB getting knocked out. X has numbers and runs the ball what 90% of the time. Not saying that X isn't a good team, but lately they have slacked of a little as the season goes. Who got hurt this year?
Once again, you show what you know. In the past few years, X has spread the field and thrown more than they ever have. Curley was a pretty good passer, and a very fine runner, too. Look up his stats and the opinions of people around this town before you insinuate that his job was to hand it off to Mattingly and Anderson last year. I said last year that he was my personal choice for MVP in Louisville, and as you may notice I played for Manual- no special love on my part towards St. X.

As far as who got hurt this year, no one's offering up an excuse (certainly not me, I picked Male to win this game) but last I checked Vic Anderson's been fighting injury all year, and was hurt last week against Manual.

Nice post Stxman. It is horrible watching a son go through a loss like this...there are no words to make them feel better. As much as you would like to take the pain away it's just not possible. Your only hope is that they take it as a learning experience about life.

True, I was there for that.....I didn't have that last game loss...that hurts so bad,

Once again, you show what you know. In the past few years, X has spread the field and thrown more than they ever have. Curley was a pretty good passer, and a very fine runner, too. Look up his stats and the opinions of people around this town before you insinuate that his job was to hand it off to Mattingly and Anderson last year. I said last year that he was my personal choice for MVP in Louisville, and as you may notice I played for Manual- no special love on my part towards St. X.

As far as who got hurt this year, no one's offering up an excuse (certainly not me, I picked Male to win this game) but last I checked Vic Anderson's been fighting injury all year, and was hurt last week against Manual.

Since you highlighted it and then for some reason chose to say something about Anderson being hurt, X has NUMBERS. They didn't have Deuce in the line-up that much if any either. Some even say he's better. I think the picture of what I was saying is clear to everyone but you. Regardless of who gets hurt, you still have to coach and play D. And besides, Glaser didn't say they lost because Curley got hurt. Did he injure himself, or did a Trinity player get better from the first meeting, beat his man, and hit him. could that have happened. He said it was because of the unfortunate loss of a family member affecting his focus. Question: Why do you say different?

Since you highlighted it and then for some reason chose to say something about Anderson being hurt, X has NUMBERS. They didn't have Deuce in the line-up that much if any either. Some even say he's better. I think the picture of what I was saying is clear to everyone but you. Regardless of who gets hurt, you still have to coach and play D. And besides, Glaser didn't say they lost because Curley got hurt. Did he injure himself, or did a Trinity player get better from the first meeting, beat his man, and hit him. could that have happened. He said it was because of the unfortunate loss of a family member affecting his focus. Question: Why do you say different?

A couple of points in defense of St.X. Did I really just type that? First, I don't believe that "The Deuce" dressed in last year's final as he was a freshman. I also don't recall Vic being injured in last years game either. And as a matter of fact Brent did hurt himself, his first injury was a broken bone in his foot that seemed to happen without any direct contact. The second injury was caused by a blow to the head that was a strange one in a million fluke. Brent was caught from behind by a shoe laces type tackle while another Trinity defender was lunging forward and they collided helmet to helmet on the way down. I hope this clears things up.

A couple of points in defense of St.X. Did I really just type that? First, I don't believe that "The Deuce" dressed in last year's final as he was a freshman. I also don't recall Vic being injured in last years game either. And as a matter of fact Brent did hurt himself, his first injury was a broken bone in his foot that seemed to happen without any direct contact. The second injury was caused by a blow to the head that was a strange one in a million fluke. Brent was caught from behind by a shoe laces type tackle while another Trinity defender was lunging forward and they collided helmet to helmet on the way down. I hope this clears things up.

Only a little. X, last year supposedly had the greatest O-line in school history and VA ran wild against EVERYONE. I think it would be safe to say that they have kind of slacked throughout the seasons end and the playoffs. Maybe its because of the pedistool they have been placed on all season.

Only a little. X, last year supposedly had the greatest O-line in school history and VA ran wild against EVERYONE. I think it would be safe to say that they have kind of slacked throughout the seasons end and the playoffs. Maybe its because of the pedistool they have been placed on all season.

I never bought into the "best O-line" theory. They may have been the biggest with the most potential but they weren't the best. I think that proved to be true in the final analysis.

I never bought into the "best O-line" theory. They may have been the biggest with the most potential but they weren't the best. I think that proved to be true in the final analysis.

That was my point. During the season, last year and this year, all you heard about was the X O-line and VA. opponents like T and H will always bring out the best in X, but are they the best the second time around? The worst thing for X is playing a power twice in a season. If they'd played catholic again, they would've gotten beat by at least 2 scores. LexCath was still trying to fine tune its self when they played X.

That was my point. During the season, last year and this year, all you heard about was the X O-line and VA. opponents like T and H will always bring out the best in X, but are they the best the second time around? The worst thing for X is playing a power twice in a season. If they'd played catholic again, they would've gotten beat by at least 2 scores. LexCath was still trying to fine tune its self when they played X.

LexCath would beat X by two scores? I was at the first game. It could have been 100-0. It would be a similar result at this point. Don't discount X. They were defeated by the best team in the state, twice. They also lost to a very good Trinity team in a rain shortened game. They are still in the top three in the state year in and year out. You would have a hard time getting anyone to agree with your positions.

You have totally lost all credibility with the second to last sentence. The first game was an absolute slaughter, and the second time around would have been even worse. :rolleyes: