Male 33 St. Xavier 7

Birdsfan

No matter how you want to cut the cloth, Mike has been playing the charade game for quite some time. He doesn't want to relive the 'Fire Mike ' days before he had his run in the 90's, so he keeps jabbing at the rival he HATES the most. Showing no class or sportsmanship looks bad not only on your staff and team , but on your school as well. The St.X enrollment has been behind Trinity's for some time , and they have way more alumni than does T. When their administration stops looking through their gold colored glasses , they would see a man that is full of deceit and hatred. Catholics aren't supposed to live that way , in any form . Over stepping the Trinity loss wasn't an oversight; he has his people thinking it shouldn't count.

Unbelievable quote . It doesn't hurt to have your 2 losses to the team that is going to win the state.(he should have stated , that he wants to see Male win the state) Thats' not what he said last year about the team that beat him in their 'last game'.

And yet again , they didn't 'win their last game'. Maybe I should be quiet now because I love the fact that he is their coach. (and sure as !!*&^% he is not leading my team !) Hate is a blinding force that leads good people into the gates of .... For my X friends , and I have many, you need a coaching change. Not 750 million bucks in athletic fields and stadiums. To let a man that follows his hate to open your stadium is not in anyone's Christian spirit. St.X is a better place than that. Well , that is what I used to think. And another thing St.X brothers, do you really think that his comment is a good thing for your rematch with the Rocks next year ? People , I'm trying to help you !!!!!!! Atomic scoreboards ,10,000 seats and free hot dogs isn't the problem solving issue here. Male defeated St.X last night not only on the field , but in having class as well. Red was well spoken and humble after his teams' win last night.

and finally ........when the officials met with Beatty and Glaser during the storm, Glaser wanted to stop it , every time. Beatty wanted the game to proceed, Glaser was clamoring for a cancellation at first chance, then tells the media that he felt strongly about winning the game. We didn't want it to stop at 10-0 , thats for sure. We would have stood there for 36 hours to play a 5 quarter game. My source, well , lets just say that a good official doesn't lie. The Male -Trinity matchup is a game between the 2 best teams in the state. Period. St.X .....9-3 Is not a bad slate for the tough schedule you played . (you may well still be playing IF .... you guys need to fill in the blank)

You really need some perspective on life and high school football. Male whipped us last night and Trinity whipped us for 10 minutes. I am embarrased for you after that rant. :confused: I hope your Trinity brothers can somehow help you.

I wish Trinity luck next week. I will not drop to your level and respond directly to your opinion of our school and program.

Go Tigers.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Glaser is the king of quotes. In this morning's CJ he was at it again. He stated that "when you go 9-2 and your two losses come to a team with a great chance to win the whole thing, thats alright". I wonder what Mike's reaction was when the CJ reporter reminded him the Tigers finished 9-3 with a loss to that other team as well? I guess this goes down with "well, you just can't beat an All-American" after being defeated in 03' by the Brian Brohm led Rocks. Never mind the fact that Brian didn't play defense on the team that had just held the Tigers to 14 points. Young Jason Frakes doesn't shy away from the provocative quote. As they say in the news biz, Coach Glaser is "good copy".

I got a real chuckle out of the quote. Somehow it is more fun when I see the denial after the last two games.

Regardless of what some of you say...and I will be villified for this...but this is the end of a trying time at X (success or not)....they did not have their chemistry, EVERYONE knew it...and now these seniors have to suffer for it...

to the seniors congrats, and thanks for some great memories and great careers..to the underclassmen...regroup and bring the Tiger pride back next year.

Classy RP...

Male hasn't dominated X like this since Michael Bush wore the purple and gold. The game started similarly to the one in October, but the Bulldogs didn't let the Tigers off the mat this time. It was 20-0 at the end of the 1st quarter and up to that point, I think Male had only thrown the ball one time (a screen pass to Josh Williams that went for 16 yards). Beaumont and Hobbs were breaking off yardage in big chunks and Gainey didn't get chased backward by the X defense as he did in the 2nd half of the first game. Male's defense layed several big hits and played very well against the X passing attack (although there were quite a few overthrown passes and drops early). I would guess they broke up 6-10 passes tonight and hit the QB several times, too.

No pass interference calls or substitution infractions, though :D

This game will be on Insight channel 2 Saturday night at 7:30pm for those who want to watch it.

:thumb:

X had several dropped TD passes (I counted 4) and several TD and 1st down passes knocked down by Male DBs (a bunch). X had their shots at the endzone and came away with nothing. Male's D was very fast and played very well. Beaumont layed one heck of hit on a pass completion across the middle.

Male QB was again a major problem for X...although I agree with H that it didn't happen nearly as much as last game. Example: I watched on one play as the X D-Line chased him backwards for about 25 yards....He was about at the 8 yard line on the Male side...He somehow eluded 4 X defenders and then completed a long pass down the sideline for about 40 yards. I still believe that Gainey hurt X more than Beaumont. (not saying Beaumont wasn't stellar...he was)

Congratulations Bulldogs...You played great and earned the win..again :irked:

:thumb:

Well, I don't think some in the X camp are surprised by this score. After watching game film, I wasn't. This team didn't progress as the season went on. You can't expect to win if you don't do that. That being said, this team will be better next year.

Not sure what the T fans are gloating about though. They still haven't faced the best team in the state. They will next week.

What do you say to a 17 year old kid that poured his heart into X for 4 years, gave it everything he had, didn't get to really play Trinity his senior year, loved his "9-3" teammates, win or lose, cried after the game and worried about his friends that were hurt? He also loved to watch DVD's of the games with his Dad, recreate plays on the driveway, play at WKU's stadium, was awed by playing in Paul Brown stadium. Now he realizes that he will never play the game again like this or love something so much with so many? For some It's easy to forget what it's all about. Trinity and Male has the same kind of kids and it's not everyone on the team. They make the sport what it is. Good Game Male. Good Luck Trinity. St. X taught my son many lessons the least of which is to work hard and never quit no matter what. Of course he wanted to win. Now he wants to understand why it hurts so much? The answer he will work out next to me in the stands and if I'm lucky we can teach it to another Tiger, around 2031! Go Tigers and remember you are always a "Band of Brothers" no matter what your record was, how you lost one game and most importantly what other say or do.

Is Male really that good (to beat X by 26), or is it just another season where X gets weaker as the year goes on?

:confused: What ? Most any season is quite the opposite, if St. X plays a bad game, it is early and they usually get redemption. This was a unique season from what I could tell, St. X seemed to get a lot out of what they had on the field. That is not a "jab" by any means. They have graduated many great players in the past 2 seasons. They have the luxury of having "numbers" to reload, they just are not up to the same level.....yet!!!

For the record, I have said most of this season that Trinity would be the only team in this area to give Male a solid contest. The balance on offense (effective run and pass offense) will be a test for Male. Many opportunities to pass deep on them......if you can execute. The more shots you take and can run their players deep with the receivers then they will eventually tire down. Don't sell them short because those kids can play and dig deep to win.

I had predicted a 3 TD win for Male earlier this week (not on this board) and I think that Beaumont seemed to be hampered in the second half or it may have been a little more. I will predict a very close game this week and if Beaumont is 100% a 35-28 game for Male. Don't forget, Trinity has not played a team quite like Male this season. Male's defense can cause a few problems of it's own and Trinity's defense will need to stop Male's weapons.

Where have you been pldgrtno2 ?

I hope that you didn't take my post the wrong way...I was sincere in my gratitude for the outgoing Tigers...I root for the Xaverians very often.

I didn't...I just wanted to thank you for being classy....when it seems to so hard for others....

Any word on Beaumont? H?

I noticed some fresh tape on both ankles after half time and he had a gingerness to his walk back and forth from the huddle. He still looked great on the TD catch and run (up the Male sideline) that got called back.

Definitely touched the ball less in the second half, although he DID stay in the game that was probably just to keep the defense honest.

No matter how you want to cut the cloth, Mike has been playing the charade game for quite some time. He doesn't want to relive the 'Fire Mike ' days before he had his run in the 90's, so he keeps jabbing at the rival he HATES the most. Showing no class or sportsmanship looks bad not only on your staff and team , but on your school as well. The St.X enrollment has been behind Trinity's for some time , and they have way more alumni than does T. When their administration stops looking through their gold colored glasses , they would see a man that is full of deceit and hatred. Catholics aren't supposed to live that way , in any form . Over stepping the Trinity loss wasn't an oversight; he has his people thinking it shouldn't count.

Unbelievable quote . It doesn't hurt to have your 2 losses to the team that is going to win the state.(he should have stated , that he wants to see Male win the state) Thats' not what he said last year about the team that beat him in their 'last game'.

And yet again , they didn't 'win their last game'. Maybe I should be quiet now because I love the fact that he is their coach. (and sure as !!*&^% he is not leading my team !) Hate is a blinding force that leads good people into the gates of .... For my X friends , and I have many, you need a coaching change. Not 750 million bucks in athletic fields and stadiums. To let a man that follows his hate to open your stadium is not in anyone's Christian spirit. St.X is a better place than that. Well , that is what I used to think. And another thing St.X brothers, do you really think that his comment is a good thing for your rematch with the Rocks next year ? People , I'm trying to help you !!!!!!! Atomic scoreboards ,10,000 seats and free hot dogs isn't the problem solving issue here. Male defeated St.X last night not only on the field , but in having class as well. Red was well spoken and humble after his teams' win last night.

and finally ........when the officials met with Beatty and Glaser during the storm, Glaser wanted to stop it , every time. Beatty wanted the game to proceed, Glaser was clamoring for a cancellation at first chance, then tells the media that he felt strongly about winning the game. We didn't want it to stop at 10-0 , thats for sure. We would have stood there for 36 hours to play a 5 quarter game. My source, well , lets just say that a good official doesn't lie. The Male -Trinity matchup is a game between the 2 best teams in the state. Period. St.X .....9-3 Is not a bad slate for the tough schedule you played . (you may well still be playing IF .... you guys need to fill in the blank)

Wow!!

Talking about hate!

I was with Coach G at the rain storm game, in and outside the locker room at PJCS and I never heard him say lets cancel. I also seriously doubt that Trinity and the shortened game was on his mind after Male whipped us. What a crock of bull. Despite what you Trinity guys beleive X does have other rivals(unlike the rocks) that mean just as much to beat and I doubt that Trinity ever came into mind that night.