Male 33 St. Xavier 7

Birdsfan

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again...try to represent your school with class....see TD, RP, and RockMOM for examples...

Trust me Xman85, you are fighting a loosing battle. That Tiger.....I mean Rock.....;) .....won't change it's spots. Many before you have tried and failed, including many from his own camp. You are better to just :walk:

Trust me Xman85, you are fighting a loosing battle. That Tiger.....I mean Rock.....;) .....won't change it's spots. Many before you have tried and failed, including many from his own camp. You are better to just :walk:

I know...It's just that I've coached many fine young men that ended up going to both schools and some other fine public schools....I just hate to see any poster diminish the great tradition and class that these 2 fine schools represent, teach, demand, and foster....

So are we going to act like 5 year olds and talk about X and T and how one is so much better then the other :rolleyes: or are we going to talk about the X - H game?

I would like to wish the departing seniors farewell and thank them for four successful years. Two state title games and one championship - not many former football Tigers can claim such accomplishments.

As for the returning lettermen it's time to prepare for 2007 as the rental lease on the state title is in it's final year and must be returned by next December to its rightful home!

:thumb:

You have totally lost all credibility with the second to last sentence. The first game was an absolute slaughter, and the second time around would have been even worse. :rolleyes:

I wasn't talking about this year's LexCath team, but last year uf they would've played X at a later date, they would've beat them.

Sorry for the confusion.

I wasn't talking about this year's LexCath team, but last year uf they would've played X at a later date, they would've beat them.

Sorry for the confusion.

Now that you've clarified your intent, your credibility standing has definitely improved. :thumb:

Last year's game between X and Lexington Catholic was a nailbiter, with X pulling it out. I'm sure if they had met again late in the season, it would have once again been a war. However, if you were banking on your espoused supposition that X was weaker as the season progressed, the final loss to a good Trinity team aside, I would advise you to reference the Tigers 50-point semi-final margin over a 1-loss Warren Central team at Warren Central. We just laid an egg in the final, and Trinity played great to beat us.

Oxnard I do not think X laid an egg in the State title game. In all my years as a player and fan I know that you can throughout records and who has the better team when it comes to these two schools. I was on the same losing end in the eighties not state but playoffs and we were the heavy favorite,as a class we had not lost to X until that night and we had 4 players drafted in various rounds from that team and had our hat handed to us along with some other things by our bother school. Not trying to rehash old thread debates just how I see it.

Well, it's been 3 days since a substantive remark was made about the St X/Male GAME. Someone needs to start a new thread titled, "Petty squabbles over Mike Glaser's perceived slight of Trinity" :irked:

Well, it's been 3 days since a substantive remark was made about the St X/Male GAME. Someone needs to start a new thread titled, "Petty squabbles over Mike Glaser's perceived slight of Trinity" :irked:

Exactly-I forgot the topic of the thread as I read thru it.

The sun is out (a bit chilly though) and the grass is "airing" out. The players are all in school but no one is thinking about English, Chemistry, Calculus, just the game. (OR-maybe they too are thinking about the Mike Glaser post game comments)

It looks like a 35-31 Male win to me now!

BTW, that is how it happens, a subtle comment about something else then all of sudden..................................BAM!!! Threadjacked again!!!! :laugh:

Exactly-I forgot the topic of the thread as I read thru it.

Originally Posted by Xman85

I'll be pulling for T but not because of the Catholic/Public debate but because some of the kids on T's team played grade school ball with my kids. Its a personal interest..I like those kids..

...although if it weren't for the classy T fans on BGP like RP, TD, and RockMOM...some of the other T posters would make you want to pull against them.....

But those guys do not represent the true nature of Trinity. Trinity is a fine classy place that RP, TD, and RM represent very well. There are bad apples everywhere.

Xman85, You are absolutely right! It's not fair to chastise the posters with class on this board for the posts and statements of those who lack class. Those you mentioned above are all class acts. Not only do they support Trinity, but have repeatedly and publicly been in support of St. X, Holy Cross and De Sales on this board. I know it’s hard for some to accept, but there is enough room in Kentucky High School Football for, two, top notch, 4A, soon to be 6A, private school programs.

It’s JMO, but, if you have to try to make your program look better by downgrading your competition, it speaks very poorly of you as an individual, not the program you are trying to make look better. Some people might be naive enough to buy in to what you are selling, rather than looking at the program itself and allowing it to stand on its own merit; but not me.

Fortunately, because of my life long dedication to the Catholic Church, I know what foundation Trinity was built on. What is stated on the Trinity web site sums it up, “To provide students with a superior high school education in a supportive atmosphere based upon Christian values in the Catholic tradition.” Someone please explain to me how the posts and statements of posters on this board, NOT mentioned above, and you know who you are, fulfill this statement.

It’s probably because I graduated from another one of our other all male Catholic High Schools other than X or T, but I have always said to all my Trinity friends that I will root for you, until you play St. X, because my son plays for St. X. If he played for Trinity it would be the other way around.

Bottom Line: It should be both of our missions to be as good as we can be to attract as many kids as possible to our respective programs. We all need to be ambassadors; not lambasters. Treat others the way you want to be treated!

GO ROCKS!

We need to learn how to take the high road!