Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Male 33 St. Xavier 7

Featured Replies

I wonder if Trinity's players and coaches are as preoccupied by the perceived slight by Coach Glaser as its fans and followers are.

 

:lol:

  • Replies 103
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ You know better than that.....they will be on lockdown all week, in regards to breaking down 5 games of film on Male.....they will have a gameplan ready.

Speed kills...and Male has a team full of it......

Exactly, Congrats to Male they made the Tigers look like they were in slow motion. I do not think they will be denied this year.

:confused: What ? Most any season is quite the opposite, if St. X plays a bad game, it is early and they usually get redemption. This was a unique season from what I could tell, St. X seemed to get a lot out of what they had on the field. That is not a "jab" by any means. They have graduated many great players in the past 2 seasons. They have the luxury of having "numbers" to reload, they just are not up to the same level.....yet!!!

 

For the record, I have said most of this season that Trinity would be the only team in this area to give Male a solid contest. The balance on offense (effective run and pass offense) will be a test for Male. Many opportunities to pass deep on them......if you can execute. The more shots you take and can run their players deep with the receivers then they will eventually tire down. Don't sell them short because those kids can play and dig deep to win.

 

I had predicted a 3 TD win for Male earlier this week (not on this board) and I think that Beaumont seemed to be hampered in the second half or it may have been a little more. I will predict a very close game this week and if Beaumont is 100% a 35-28 game for Male. Don't forget, Trinity has not played a team quite like Male this season. Male's defense can cause a few problems of it's own and Trinity's defense will need to stop Male's weapons.

 

Where have you been pldgrtno2 ?

 

Had to take a little break, but back in the saddle. Not trying to sell the kids short at X, but if you take three of the last 4 years, X has gotten weaker as the season goes on. The year they won the title is an exception. Last year, they blasted the rocks. I was talking to my lil' cousin and I told him after that game, T would be state champs. Then the 40 point turnaround happened in the pizza box. This year, the same thing with Male. 1 point loss 1st game, then 26 point loss what two weeks later. Something aint right.

Had to take a little break, but back in the saddle. Not trying to sell the kids short at X, but if you take three of the last 4 years, X has gotten weaker as the season goes on. The year they won the title is an exception. Last year, they blasted the rocks. I was talking to my lil' cousin and I told him after that game, T would be state champs. Then the 40 point turnaround happened in the pizza box. This year, the same thing with Male. 1 point loss 1st game, then 26 point loss what two weeks later. Something aint right.

 

That one point loss to Male in the first meeting "may" have fooled some into thinking the playoff game would be close. I was NOT one of those drinking the green Kool-Aid. I predicted a 3 TD win by Male and felt that was conservative. Again, St.X is tough to beat with their post season experience but they were fighting an uphill battle versus Male. Very much a "mismatch" in several areas.

 

I would not say they EVER got "weaker" as the year unfolded, just maybe not as much improvement as the year developed. Sometimes the talent is there, just young and needing time to improve. this season seems to be the season that they need another year before the youth develops to the stage they need to contend for the title.

 

By the way, does anybody know the status of Androla. I believe he was helped off the field and looked like he was hurt pretty bad. Just curious.

Had to take a little break, but back in the saddle. Not trying to sell the kids short at X, but if you take three of the last 4 years, X has gotten weaker as the season goes on. The year they won the title is an exception. Last year, they blasted the rocks. I was talking to my lil' cousin and I told him after that game, T would be state champs. Then the 40 point turnaround happened in the pizza box. This year, the same thing with Male. 1 point loss 1st game, then 26 point loss what two weeks later. Something aint right.
And that had nothing to do with X's starting QB being knocked out? Injuries happen, and I'm certainly not making excuses for X, but you can't just bring that into it like that with out at least making a reference.
And that had nothing to do with X's starting QB being knocked out? Injuries happen, and I'm certainly not making excuses for X, but you can't just bring that into it like that with out at least making a reference.

 

Don't you think that T had something to do with the QB getting knocked out. X has numbers and runs the ball what 90% of the time. Not saying that X isn't a good team, but lately they have slacked of a little as the season goes. Who got hurt this year?

XMan, your son will win in the big game called life. Sure it hurts now but it gets better and you said some nice things. Tell him we said "hold your head up".

 

Trust me I know what it feels like to get beat in the second round. My senior year we got beat by North Hardin and it hurt more than anything. After the game I could not bring myself to get on the bus, and was the last person to get on. We did not leave everything on the field and because of that we lost a game that many thought we should have won. Just tell your son to keep his chin up. He has a ring, and even if he did not win one his senior year, some of us would give up anything to go back and play one more game over again.

By the way, does anybody know the status of Androla. I believe he was helped off the field and looked like he was hurt pretty bad. Just curious.

Jeff Androla got a torn ACL and either strained or torn MCL. Surgery is going to be over the Xmas holidays. Hard nosed ballplayer and a great young man. I wish him well.

My opinion on Mike Glaser's quote: A little lacking in class and a definite slap in the face directed at Trinity.

A question for anyone out there who really knows both Glaser and Bob Beatty: Do you think that Beatty would ever say something like that? He's not shy about saying things that might incite, but he seems much more like a guy that, had he been on the losing end of the 10-0 game, would have said, "It is what it is...we would have liked to finish the game, but we'll take the loss and move on. I don't agree with the rule and I'll tell you this - next time there's rain in the forecast we'd better be ready to play from the opening kick."

 

And finally, none of my Trinity friends even talk about the X game anymore. None of my X friends can let it go.

^ great post......I do think that Beatty tends to take the high road in the media...though he never has had to deal with X for as long as Glaser had us.

My opinion on Mike Glaser's quote: A little lacking in class and a definite slap in the face directed at Trinity.

A question for anyone out there who really knows both Glaser and Bob Beatty: Do you think that Beatty would ever say something like that? He's not shy about saying things that might incite, but he seems much more like a guy that, had he been on the losing end of the 10-0 game, would have said, "It is what it is...we would have liked to finish the game, but we'll take the loss and move on. I don't agree with the rule and I'll tell you this - next time there's rain in the forecast we'd better be ready to play from the opening kick."

 

And finally, none of my Trinity friends even talk about the X game anymore. None of my X friends can let it go.

This isn't just Coach Beatty's attitude in the media. He never sugar coats a loss. I remember after Trinity lost to Highlands in his first game, he told the team that some people will congratulate you for a great comeback. He said don't believe it. You lost. Next time you have to be ready to play from the start.

Congratulations to the Male Bulldogs for the victory on Friday. Strong team and I wish them well in the playoffs. WRT the Tigers, tough game and season for that matter. Proud of their efforts and how they represented St. X and handled themselves ON and OFF the field. To the Senior members of the Tiger football team: I realize that no words can soften the feelings of ending your football career at St. X. Just remember that when your graduation date comes, your diploma will say St. Xavier High School. You will have enormous pride in knowing that you are an alumni of the best high school in America. Thanks for the memories and "Go Tigers".

We had our chances Friday, but didn't take advantage of them. Male played a great game and should be congratulated. Frankly, after the game I thought it was worse than the score, probably because of the 1st quarter. Good luck to both teams Friday.

Just remember that when your graduation date comes, your diploma will say St. Xavier High School. You will have enormous pride in knowing that you are an alumni of the best high school in America.

 

Wow, thats a new one. Pretty bold statement.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.