Male 33 St. Xavier 7

Birdsfan

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is quiet.

Male looked dominant, probably how the first game would have been if dry.

Beaumont was stellar several big runs, one huge stick on defense.

Josh Williams also played well, a 87 yard TD catch on a slip screen all 87 yac.

Josh also had a few more catches some carries, and tackles and breakups on defense.

Anderson broke a couple of runs but Male's speed closed fast, Finch had some good pounding runs but didn't really break free.

St X tried to pass but couldn't get it done until late in the game.

Male hasn't dominated X like this since Michael Bush wore the purple and gold. The game started similarly to the one in October, but the Bulldogs didn't let the Tigers off the mat this time. It was 20-0 at the end of the 1st quarter and up to that point, I think Male had only thrown the ball one time (a screen pass to Josh Williams that went for 16 yards). Beaumont and Hobbs were breaking off yardage in big chunks and Gainey didn't get chased backward by the X defense as he did in the 2nd half of the first game. Male's defense layed several big hits and played very well against the X passing attack (although there were quite a few overthrown passes and drops early). I would guess they broke up 6-10 passes tonight and hit the QB several times, too.

No pass interference calls or substitution infractions, though :D

This game will be on Insight channel 2 Saturday night at 7:30pm for those who want to watch it.

Male hasn't dominated X like this since Michael Bush wore the purple and gold. The game started similarly to the one in October, but the Bulldogs didn't let the Tigers off the mat this time. It was 20-0 at the end of the 1st quarter and up to that point, I think Male had only thrown the ball one time (a screen pass to Josh Williams that went for 16 yards). Beaumont and Hobbs were breaking off yardage in big chunks and Gainey didn't get chased backward by the X defense as he did in the 2nd half of the first game. Male's defense layed several big hits and played very well against the X passing attack (although there were quite a few overthrown passes and drops early). I would guess they broke up 6-10 passes tonight and hit the QB several times, too.

This game will be on Insight channel 2 Saturday night at 7:30pm for those who want to watch it.

There might be a few interested viewers from the St.Matthews area.

Regardless of what some of you say...and I will be villified for this...but this is the end of a trying time at X (success or not)....they did not have their chemistry, EVERYONE knew it...and now these seniors have to suffer for it...

to the seniors congrats, and thanks for some great memories and great careers..to the underclassmen...regroup and bring the Tiger pride back next year.

Male hasn't dominated X like this since Michael Bush wore the purple and gold. Beaumont and Hobbs were breaking off yardage in big chunks Male's defense layed several big hits and played very well against the X passing attack (although there were quite a few overthrown passes and drops early).

Kudos again to the Bulldogs. Once again as I said in August, Male wins state because of superior talent. In August, it was defensive backs and receivers. I was impressed with Hobbs and Gainey and the offensive line blocking.

No, only one PI tonight and I thought that was questionable. Male's DB's are the best at covering receivers like a glove. You really need a big TE or Wes Caldwell to beat them. With Male blitzing LB's, Petrino will be running all over.

Coach Glaser is the king of quotes. In this morning's CJ he was at it again. He stated that "when you go 9-2 and your two losses come to a team with a great chance to win the whole thing, thats alright". I wonder what Mike's reaction was when the CJ reporter reminded him the Tigers finished 9-3 with a loss to that other team as well? I guess this goes down with "well, you just can't beat an All-American" after being defeated in 03' by the Brian Brohm led Rocks. Never mind the fact that Brian didn't play defense on the team that had just held the Tigers to 14 points. Young Jason Frakes doesn't shy away from the provocative quote. As they say in the news biz, Coach Glaser is "good copy".