South Warren 36 Franklin-Simpson 14

FSfan

Final

SW gets the running clock going with 3:30 to go in the second quarter.

FS intercepted SW on the first drive and got to SW’s 40 but a sack-fumble returned for a TD got the Spartans rolling. A dropped pass and a punt snapped over the punter’s head just kept the snowball rolling and FS just couldn’t stop SW.

I haven’t seen Bowling Green or Covington Catholic play but I can’t imagine them being much better than South Warren. 5A should be paying attention to the Spartans.

It could have been 70-0. SW started running the ball late in the 2nd, if they would have kept passing it would have been much worse. FS only scored after the first string D went out.

That being said FS will only get better and will be there when all is said and done in the 4A. SW did them this way last year too and FS went on a 10 game win streak and won the 4A.

Edited by fastaslightin

Similar situation to 2017. Same schedule: Greenwood, Meade, Glasgow, District games, Russellville. This game will provide teaching opportunities for the staff and show the team the importance of mental preparation. While FS may be the “defending 4A Champions” this is not the same team as 2017. These guys have to find their identity and meld together as a team. I believe that process has started. Time will tell.