Highlands 36 Cooper 7

You just stated my whole point. Highlands guy stated if these three things had happen it could have been worst. I wanted to show how that easily can work both ways if he wanted to go into the if game.

One missed TD pass would not have made a difference in the outcome. Add 6 points to Coopers total points.

Have a nice day coach. :cool:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highlands better enjoy the win they play a tough Camels team next week.

What are the Camels' Lines like? Is the Camel QB shifty? Is it the same guy from last year? Against Cooper Highlands D-line was pretty menacing, they got through a lot. Many sacks were avoided by the shear athleticism of Cooper's #7QB Lee.

Camels were pretty tough last year are they better than last year?

Looking at Highlands stats from the game, Cramer was 14-23 and 121 yards and 1TD. That's a 61% completion rate. Not bad at all.

I was a little surprised to see that they had 5 guys (not counting Cramer) running the ball, though, when they have a RB like Schwalbach in the backfield. Looks one of those carriers was their center, Will Salmon, who's credited with a 2 yard carry for a touchdown. Was that a planned play??

Looking at Highlands stats from the game, Cramer was 14-23 and 121 yards and 1TD. That's a 61% completion rate. Not bad at all.

I was a little surprised to see that they had 5 guys (not counting Cramer) running the ball, though, when they have a RB like Schwalbach in the backfield. Looks one of those carriers was their center, Will Salmon, who's credited with a 2 yard carry for a touchdown. Was that a planned play??

Nope. Salmon wasn't planned. He had a fumble recovery in the endzone. As some stated in the preview threads, this team is loaded at RB. Schwalbach is the leader, but they have 5 guys who can gain yards and make a big play (Schwalbach, Huddleston, Boling, Buten, Brune) and Cramer can run also.

Will recovered a fumble in the endzone. HHS does have some capable playmakers in the backfield to compliment Cooper.

Nope. Salmon wasn't planned. He had a fumble recovery in the endzone. As some stated in the preview threads, this team is loaded at RB. Schwalbach is the leader, but they have 5 guys who can gain yards and make a big play (Schwalbach, Huddleston, Boling, Buten, Brune) and Cramer can run also.

Will recovered a fumble in the endzone. HHS does have some capable playmakers in the backfield to compliment Cooper.

Heckuva good problem to have!

If anyone thinks that Cramer is going to carry the ball much during they regular season then they are kidding themselves.

Thought the Birds looked improved, but still some question marks. Really do not understand why you do not kick field goals rather than going for it on 4th and 20 plus yards. Worst thing that happens is you miss and opponent gets the ball on the 20. Also the play calling inside the 40 needs to improve or it is going to be more of the same old same old in tight games.

Overall not a bad start to the season, but the schedule certainly gets a little tougher over the next few weeks.

I wouldn’t say Cramer looked rusty. It’s more of a timing issue. Receivers have to separate from there defender. That didn’t happen. When they do separate then the timing of the pass blocking sometimes is an issue. There were quite a few balls thrown right on the hands of receivers but the defenders hand was in the middle knocking it out. It’s just timing and speed!

On QB sneak how do you get confused from being under center? 2 D lineman blew up the center and stood up our QB, he didn’t stand up. Once they straighten some things out they will be fine.

I wouldn’t say Cramer looked rusty. It’s more of a timing issue. Receivers have to separate from there defender. That didn’t happen. When they do separate then the timing of the pass blocking sometimes is an issue. There were quite a few balls thrown right on the hands of receivers but the defenders hand was in the middle knocking it out. It’s just timing and speed!

On QB sneak how do you get confused from being under center? 2 D lineman blew up the center and stood up our QB, he didn’t stand up. Once they straighten some things out they will be fine.

I thought his short and intermediate throws were clean. You are correct its just a timing issue on the deep ball. It think they will be fine. Grady has to be able to throw the receiver open on the deep ball. He definitely has the arm. I don't think he over threw one deep ball. The WR's were coming back for the passes or stopping. That can't happen on the HR/deep pass. Again, that's just a timing issue with QB/WR and with him getting comfortable under game speed/pressure situations.