Is this what I think that it is?

I think there's a decent chance that that's a decently long white tail deer tail popping up at just the moment that picture was snapped. I know I've cut off tails that were every bit of a good 10 inches at least while I was field dressing deer.

Is that from your neck of the woods, Pb&j?

It is. I should add that it was seen "in person" crossing a gravel road the next day. It was big enough that the person who saw it thought of a deer but looking more closely, he said that it was feline.

I think there's a decent chance that that's a decently long white tail deer tail popping up at just the moment that picture was snapped. I know I've cut off tails that were every bit of a good 10 inches at least while I was field dressing deer.

Is that from your neck of the woods, Pb&j?

I’d agree with white tail. The white area around the base of the tail is what I noticed. At first look it appears to be a mountain lion, I’d like tp see another random image from same angle.

It's hard to tell how big it really is in that pick. If there was something there to judge the actual size. Looking at the head area the what appears to be the ear looks to big for a cat. I'd say it could be a deer but tail seems awfully long. If I had to put money on it I'd say it was someones dog.