Boyd-Ashland postponed

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.... those mean ole Tomcats are at it again... give me a break! I said I didn't agree with the decision. but it is what it is, a kids game. I doubt if anyone's life will change over it. Some people take this stuff WAY too seriously.

The kids did not decide this. Adults did.

That is your right. I don't like to see games postponed unless it is an absolute must but to publicly criticize any program is insulting the kids who are a part of that program. The complaints, if you have one should be directed to the person that makes the final decision and not the program in whole. The thoughts or actions of an AD may not be those of the coaches or players.

Ashland has on more than one occassion allowed other area teams to use their field when their field was not suitable. I wouldn't be so quick to bite the hand that feeds you, we all know the results from the last cancellation.:eek:

How could I be insulting the kids when they have no control of the cancellation? I'll bet the kids are more dissapointed than the fans.

The kids did not decide this. Adults did.

Right, and it will be hard to find many Tomcat fans that agree it is a good decision. But it is a little hard to take when some want to make it a personal attack on the Tomcats and their fans.

That is your right. I don't like to see games postponed unless it is an absolute must but to publicly criticize any program is insulting the kids who are a part of that program. The complaints, if you have one should be directed to the person that makes the final decision and not the program in whole. The thoughts or actions of an AD may not be those of the coaches or players.

Ashland has on more than one occassion allowed other area teams to use their field when their field was not suitable. I wouldn't be so quick to bite the hand that feeds you, we all know the results from the last cancellation.:eek:

No one is insulting any kid. We all know that adults made this stupid choice. If its a field problem play at Russell. They do owe Ashland one. Thats although not the real reason and we allnow it. INTEGRITY

Right, and it will be hard to find many Tomcat fans that agree it is a good decision. But it is a little hard to take when some want to make it a personal attack on the Tomcats and their fans.

I apologize if I "personally attacked" any Tomcats and their fans Catdaddy. It looks suspect to me,, but it's only my opinion.

...BTW the field is already very muddy due to the playing of the kiwanis bowl in a monsoon.

The field probably is holding some water (not standing water though) and as of late last night, the surface really was in remarkable condition. There was much effort to repair and refurbish the playing surface after the Kiwanis Bowl...so whatever happened for that game had been "fixed".

Honestly, I can see this from both points of view. Most programs play on regardless of weather...but can anyone really offer a valid reason why waiting one more day is a bad idea? Assume for the moment that the weather does improve (and that IS the forecast)…would you rather not watch or play this game in dryer conditions? As a parent, I know with the festivities involved with Senior Night, waiting until tomorrow is not going to be catastrophic. Other than having one less day to prepare for the playoffs, I don’t see a problem with this.

Besides…I get to go watch the Raceland v Paris game now!:thumb:

The field probably is holding some water (not standing water though) and as of late last night, the surface really was in remarkable condition. There was much effort to repair and refurbish the playing surface after the Kiwanis Bowl...so whatever happened for that game had been "fixed".

Honestly, I can see this from both points of view. Most programs play on regardless of weather...but can anyone really offer a valid reason why waiting one more day is a bad idea? Assume for the moment that the weather does improve (and that IS the forecast)…would you rather not watch or play this game in dryer conditions? As a parent, I know with the festivities involved with Senior Night, waiting until tomorrow is not going to be catastrophic. Other than having one less day to prepare for the playoffs, I don’t see a problem with this.

Besides…I get to go watch the Raceland v Paris game now!:thumb:

If anyone knows the field conditions on here,, I would say it's you Painter. Thanks for the update.

A lot of people try to change their family or work schedules around Friday night. I know of a few people driving in from out of town to attend. Probably on the way now. So I'm sure it's unhandy for a lot of fans.

It just makes you program look unethical, right or wrong. Ashland is laying some devastating groundwork for their integrity. Of course that's just me talking.

"Devastating groundwork for their integrity"....:laugh: Are you serious? :rolleyes:

Being a bit dramatic there...What is unethical about postponing this game? Wanting to have a bigger gate? (Dont most AD's keep their eye on revenue?) Waiting for better weather to honor Seniors along with their parents? (How dare we want to conduct these activities in pouring rain).

As you put it best in your last comment...I will consider the source. :flame:

Bottom Line is NO SURPRISE!

Welcome to another event of "These are the days of our Lives".

One good part of being involved with Ashland is, nothing is ever surprising...!

Only one word that describes this decision, not money, not field, not mud....it is called "Scared".