Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyd-Ashland postponed

Featured Replies

County Pride used to post on BGP all the time. Are you him?

 

I'm not....But I could probably guess who is...

  • Replies 171
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since there seems to be agreement that gate receipts are the primary reason for the move to tomorrow night, can I pose a question? Are Ashland's finances in such a state that their athletic program feels compelled to postpone football games in the hopes of getting a few hundred more paying customers when it rains? I'm not asking in a mean-spirited way (I'm attending a ball game in Maysville tonight, and I'm not traveling tomorrow night); I'm just curious.

I'm only guessing here, but I would say it has more to do with replacing the Bermuda turf and the cost associated with that. But who knows. Maybe somebody in the loop will comment later.

I'm only guessing here, but I would say it has more to do with replacing the Bermuda turf and the cost associated with that. But who knows. Maybe somebody in the loop will comment later.

 

That makes a lot more sense than selling a few more tickets.

Don't have a dog in this fight and really don't care who wins between Boyd and Ashland... but I don't think Ashland is scared.
:thumb:
Bottom Line is NO SURPRISE!

 

Welcome to another event of "These are the days of our Lives".

 

One good part of being involved with Ashland is, nothing is ever surprising...!

 

Only one word that describes this decision, not money, not field, not mud....it is called "Scared".

 

I don't think Ashland is too scared. The football team and the fans had no input on this decision. It was made by the AD and I would assume the Boyd County coaches agreed or would it not be a forfeit on Ashland?

Are Ashland's finances in such a state that their athletic program feels compelled to postpone football games in the hopes of getting a few hundred more paying customers when it rains? I'm not asking in a mean-spirited way (I'm attending a ball game in Maysville tonight, and I'm not traveling tomorrow night); I'm just curious.

 

I dont think it's that at all, yes, it may have a lot to do with the gate, but trust me, the Ashland School district is not hurting for money, by any means. They usually have around a $30 million dollar budget to work with.

The game was played as scheduled. Russell did not have the advantage of being home. Russell appreciated the hospitality of Ashland loaning there field. I'm sure Ashland wanted a cut from the gate. i don't know that for sure just rumor. I'm sure Russell would have shown the Tomcats the same hospitality had they asked to use Ivan McGloan field.

 

Get real thats not the real reason and you know it. Ashland is the only Administration that pulls these stunts time after time. Lets just see how many other games are cancelled tonight.

Dixie and Ryle postponed until Saturday night.

They usually have around a $30 million dollar budget to work with.

 

30 Million dollars......Uh, OK...

Bottom Line is NO SURPRISE!

 

Welcome to another event of "These are the days of our Lives".

 

One good part of being involved with Ashland is, nothing is ever surprising...!

 

Only one word that describes this decision, not money, not field, not mud....it is called "Scared".

 

:lol: Scared :lol: I hope I can stop laughing before kickoff tomorrow. :lol: That 4-5 record is so darn intimidating! :lol:

County Pride used to post on BGP all the time. Are you him?
5. No divulging or attempting to determine any member's true identity. That includes dropping hints about a user's identity or asking a member who he or she is in a public forum.
I believe by my records it is 6-4 in favor of Ashland....and Ashland won 2 more games then Boyd in Basketball, not exactly dominating either....Boyd won 10 more games than Ashland in head-to-head matchups...

 

I would say for us a school such as Boyd with no instructions and just a bunch of farmers on tractors, not too bad....

 

 

BUT WE STILL FEED THE CATTLE IN THE RAIN

 

My dad can beat up your dad! :lol: Cmon guys.....

My dad can beat up your dad! :lol: Cmon guys.....

 

I agree this is crazy! WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL? The field will still be just as muddy tomarrow,so what if they played tonight, and say your kid got injured?

Then what would be the issue,the game game should have not been played due to the poor weather conditions? I Think it was A good choice.The botton line is the best team will win tomarrow the nexy day and so on.

It is a safe bet that most complaining here are not going to be in attendance. Just a chance to jump on a program they dislike..

As was the case in the Ashland/Russell game, both parties involved must have agreed to the change. Did they not?

 

 

A point well made, DUH. BOTH MUST AGREE.

I NEVER cease to be amazed at how serious some people take "a GAME", amazing isn't it?

I agree this is crazy! WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL? The field will still be just as muddy tomarrow,so what if they played tonight, and say your kid got injured?

Then what would be the issue,the game game should have not been played due to the poor weather conditions? I Think it was A good choice.The botton line is the best team will win tomarrow the nexy day and so on.

Both teams deserve to play a game this important in the best conditions possible and that will obviously be tomorrow.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.