Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyd-Ashland postponed

Featured Replies

Mud, water, uniforms so dirty that you couldn't read the numbers; yeah, it was a great football game! And the best team won... Russell! :ylsuper:

  • Replies 171
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russell and Boyd could have forced the game to be played or have Ashland forfeit I believe. I don't think anybody wants it that way.

Mud, water, uniforms so dirty that you couldn't read the numbers; yeah, it was a great football game! And the best team won... Russell! :ylsuper:

 

That's what football is all about. Football players are supposed to be warriors that go out and beat the other team down, in any conditions - not a bunch of pansies that don't want to get their uniforms dirty. I say play the games!!!

Off topic but Madisonville and Calloway Co. stopped their game tonight at half due to unplayable field conditions. This won't be the only game being played tomarrow instead of tonight.

You don't wait for the best possible conditions in football - you suck it up and play the game regardless of conditions.

 

:thumb:

Off topic but Madisonville and Calloway Co. stopped their game tonight at half due to unplayable field conditions. This won't be the only game being played tomarrow instead of tonight.

 

Wimps!

Mud, water, uniforms so dirty that you couldn't read the numbers; yeah, it was a great football game! And the best team won... Russell! :ylsuper:

 

Same conditions here in Maysville; and although I'm not particularly happy about the outcome, the better team (JC) won here also.

 

This is football, folks - not pattycake.

wow:banana: this is great we can watch both teams play ... JC vs boyd next week ...JC needs to get on the band wagon and watch this

Wasnt to suprised to hear this one was postponed. Why not go ahead and play the game like 95% of the schools around the state did tonight. Field Conditions should be no excuse whatsoever cause I guarantee you Putnam is in MUCH better shape than Mason Co. field was tonight.

It is a safe bet that most complaining here are not going to be in attendance. Just a chance to jump on a program they dislike..

As was the case in the Ashland/Russell game, both parties involved must have agreed to the change. Did they not?

 

 

It's always the home team who is going to look worst. I do know that Russell was "pressured" into postponing that game.

That is your right. I don't like to see games postponed unless it is an absolute must but to publicly criticize any program is insulting the kids who are a part of that program. The complaints, if you have one should be directed to the person that makes the final decision and not the program in whole. The thoughts or actions of an AD may not be those of the coaches or players.

Ashland has on more than one occassion allowed other area teams to use their field when their field was not suitable. I wouldn't be so quick to bite the hand that feeds you, we all know the results from the last cancellation.:eek:

 

I usually agree with you Cville but not on this one. The AD is a representative of the program as a whole and his actions reflect the program, so while I don't approve criticizing the kids I can understand people criticizing the program. Also, why didn't Ashland ask a neighboring school (Russell) to use their field? They were playing in Flemingsburg.

Right, and it will be hard to find many Tomcat fans that agree it is a good decision. But it is a little hard to take when some want to make it a personal attack on the Tomcats and their fans.

 

 

I don't think anyone is criticizing the fans.

I didn't hear anyone from Russell questioning Ashland's INTEGRITY, when they loaned their old dump of a stadium to Russell so they could have a drier field to play Mason Co. on in the playoffs. Was that done so the Devils would have an edge? Of course not. To imply that this decision is about anything but finances is a joke.

 

 

How much do you think Russell had to pay to use the field? Russell I'm sure did appreciate the hospitality but don't think McGlone wouldn't do the very same for your Tomcats. I'm sure Ashland got a cut from the gate, it's all about the benjimins!!!!

I don't think Ashland is too scared. The football team and the fans had no input on this decision. It was made by the AD and I would assume the Boyd County coaches agreed or would it not be a forfeit on Ashland?

 

 

You assume wrong.

.... They usually have around a $30 million dollar budget to work with.

 

 

I want some of the stuff your drinking!!! You're joking, right?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.