Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyd-Ashland postponed

Featured Replies

I agree this is crazy! WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL? The field will still be just as muddy tomarrow,so what if they played tonight, and say your kid got injured?

Then what would be the issue,the game game should have not been played due to the poor weather conditions? I Think it was A good choice.The botton line is the best team will win tomarrow the nexy day and so on.

 

 

Then if that's the case, why play the Kiwanis Bowl in a monsoon? Are the freshman not as important? I don't have a dog here but I can understand why people are questioning this. I agree that some people have taken it way to serious but football is meant to be played in all conditions except lightning, it's what everyone signed up for. Sometimes the elements give another team an advantage over the other and that's the way football is supposed to be. Sometimes the elements gives David a chance against Goliath and that's one of the beauties of football. The different elements go into the gameplans the coaches work on all week and a postponement changes those plans. Now if there is 4 inches of water covering the field than that's one thing but that's not the case, the field wasn't that bad. The elements are just part of the game and should stay part of the game if all possible. If you take out the elements you are not being true to the game.

  • Replies 171
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both teams deserve to play a game this important in the best conditions possible and that will obviously be tomorrow.

 

No way!! Football is not about the best possible conditions. Baseball is a game about "best possible conditions", football is about playing in the elements. Read my above post #151 so I don't have to retype it.

How much do you think Russell had to pay to use the field? Russell I'm sure did appreciate the hospitality but don't think McGlone wouldn't do the very same for your Tomcats. I'm sure Ashland got a cut from the gate, it's all about the benjimins!!!!

Ashland didn't ask for or get a cut of the gate. I understand that Rusell offered though. Russell did pay for the cleanup. I'm sure Coach McGlone and Mr. Sparks would gladly return the favor. Nobody has a problem with that. Thats not my point. Jeepman keeps questioning the Ashland programs INTEGRITY and that is just bull. I don't agree with the decision to postpone, but I do know that both schools must agree to do so. Does it really matter who's idea it was. (And I think we are all still assuming it was Swift). BOTH parties agreed. Bad decision? IMO... yes. Poor integrity?...I don't think so. One persons opinion on when a game should be played doesn't make a good case for a whole program having poor integrity like Jeepman suggests. Like I said earlier, nail Swift all you want, he's a big boy. But he is not the program. The kids are.

 

Good luck to both teams tonight! May the best team win.

I was thinking, that I'd like to see discussion about "the Game" itself, not about the AGREED upon decesion to postpone it, it should be a really good gam, dontcha think?

A couple of weeks ago, girls' soccer was played at Mason County in monsoon conditions (that's one of the reasons the field was in the shape it has been the last couple of weekends). Girls' soccer - shirts, shorts and cleats. It was colder than last night, and almost as wet. They were tournament games - some would say they were important. To paraphrase Allen Iverson - we're talking about girls' soccer here - girls' soccer.

 

I respect anyone who gets out and plays; especially in adverse conditions. I respect the Ashland Tomcats football program - they came up to Maysville and shut the Royals out in the second half and won the game. I attended the Ashland Mason County game last year at Putnam; if memory serves, it rained pretty much the whole night. I respect the fans - they were extremely cordial to us.

 

With this happening twice in a row, in rivalry games, when pretty much the rest of the games in the Commonwealth went on, folks start to wonder. They wonder if the Ashland athletics budget is feeling pinched (although with $30 million to play with, a domed stadium isn't out of the question; and a side note - if the athletics program has a $30 million budget - which I somehow doubt - that doesn't help if you're spending $31 million). They wonder, since teams deserve the best conditions possible in important games, if freshmen and their games aren't important; and if non-rivalry teams aren't important. They wonder if the fans, some of whom no doubt had plans for Saturday evening, are feeling short-changed. Some have speculated that the games were rescheduled to gain a competitive advantage. Some have impugned the Ashland football program's integrity. The bottom line, however, is that the games should be about the players.

 

And what a lot of folks may be thinking (unfortunately for the players) is that the dreaded "s-word" may apply - a word that no football player or coach wants associated with them.

 

Soft.:bunny:

THIS JUST IN!

 

Boyd did not agree to postpone the game.

 

They were pressured into it, because instead of the Forfeit, the LIONS wanted a true victory over the Tomcats..........WHICH IS COMING TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A couple of weeks ago, girls' soccer was played at Mason County in monsoon conditions (that's one of the reasons the field was in the shape it has been the last couple of weekends). Girls' soccer - shirts, shorts and cleats. It was colder than last night, and almost as wet. They were tournament games - some would say they were important. To paraphrase Allen Iverson - we're talking about girls' soccer here - girls' soccer.

 

I respect anyone who gets out and plays; especially in adverse conditions. I respect the Ashland Tomcats football program - they came up to Maysville and shut the Royals out in the second half and won the game. I attended the Ashland Mason County game last year at Putnam; if memory serves, it rained pretty much the whole night. I respect the fans - they were extremely cordial to us.

 

With this happening twice in a row, in rivalry games, when pretty much the rest of the games in the Commonwealth went on, folks start to wonder. They wonder if the Ashland athletics budget is feeling pinched (although with $30 million to play with, a domed stadium isn't out of the question; and a side note - if the athletics program has a $30 million budget - which I somehow doubt - that doesn't help if you're spending $31 million). They wonder, since teams deserve the best conditions possible in important games, if freshmen and their games aren't important; and if non-rivalry teams aren't important. They wonder if the fans, some of whom no doubt had plans for Saturday evening, are feeling short-changed. Some have speculated that the games were rescheduled to gain a competitive advantage. Some have impugned the Ashland football program's integrity. The bottom line, however, is that the games should be about the players.

 

And what a lot of folks may be thinking (unfortunately for the players) is that the dreaded "s-word" may apply - a word that no football player or coach wants associated with them.

 

Soft.:bunny:

You are in luck... your Royals have a date with the Softies next week. ... :thumb:

 

Game time TBA :lol:

Soft.:bunny:

 

 

 

:ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

You are in luck... your Royals have a date with the Softies next week. ... :thumb:

 

Game time TBA :lol:

 

Be careful, they might be in LUCK....:thumb:

THIS JUST IN!

 

Boyd did not agree to postpone the game.

 

They were pressured into it, because instead of the Forfeit, the LIONS wanted a true victory over the Tomcats..........WHICH IS COMING TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Up early aren't you Redblood?

 

I know... I know.... farmers get up early every day. :lol:

You are in luck... your Royals have a date with the Softies next week. ... :thumb:

 

Game time TBA :lol:

 

After losing so much to graduation last year at the skill positions, the Royals will be happy to appear next week, rain or shine!:thumb:

Up early aren't you Redblood?

 

I know... I know.... farmers get up early every day. :lol:

 

Just got done with the feeding.....:thumb:

After losing so much to graduation last year at the skill positions, the Royals will be happy to appear next week, rain or shine!:thumb:

 

 

I heard that it is suppose to Drizzle...So dont plan on coming till Saturday.

Just got done with the feeding.....:thumb:

McDonalds or Bob Evans???

What happens if Boyd beats Ashland tonight....Does the Home Field Advantage change?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.