Reds at Diamondbacks (5/28 - 5/30)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who has been consistently worse?

He was consistently better than Bronson Arroyo and Mike Leake at least ERA wise. He was also better than Edison Volquez, Travis Wood, and Toni Cigrani. Not counting all the 1/2 season bums they brought in.

But Homer has been terrible the last couple years.

He was consistently better than Bronson Arroyo and Mike Leake at least ERA wise. He was also better than Edison Volquez, Travis Wood, and Toni Cigrani. Not counting all the 1/2 season bums they brought in.

But Homer has been terrible the last couple years.

I won’t argue Wood. As for the others, they gave the team a chance more than not. Homer, not so much.

Question to Bailey:

Do you think you’ll be a good reliever?

Answer: “probably not”

What a tool

How does that make him a tool. What makes you think he wants to go to the bullpen.

He's obviously not doing well, and if he can't see what we are all seeing then there's a problem. He's lucky that all the Redlegs can do is relegate him to the pen. Some bright folks would recognize that they're not getting it done and try to work on or change some things to get back on top. He's obviously not going to do it without some "tough love". Sometimes you got to rattle the cage a little to wake the animal up.

He's obviously not doing well, and if he can't see what we are all seeing then there's a problem. He's lucky that all the Redlegs can do is relegate him to the pen. Some bright folks would recognize that they're not getting it done and try to work on or change some things to get back on top. He's obviously not going to do it without some "tough love". Sometimes you got to rattle the cage a little to wake the animal up.

Considering the way this town and the Reds have treated him over his whole career I dont blame Bailey one bit for not wanting to go to the bullpen. I think he has earned the right to work through it. But, we have an incompetent owner, who has hired/promoted, the same ole gang of incompetence to run this team, and we question the results we get, lol.

Its not like Homer is wild, hes walked the same amount of batters as the rest of the starters. Now are hitters hitting him more, yeah. Does he give up the HR ball, yep, has since day one though, so its nothing new.

Homer has earned the right to try to fix whatever is wrong, maybe hes got an injury thats undiagnosed, wouldn't be a surprise with this training and medical staff. Why not skip him a start, let him have a good bullpen session in stead of a start to work on things, heck put him on the 10 day DL to get some rest and work on things.

The best era from a starter on this team is 4.38, is Homer really the problem.

Considering the way this town and the Reds have treated him over his whole career I dont blame Bailey one bit for not wanting to go to the bullpen. I think he has earned the right to work through it. But, we have an incompetent owner, who has hired/promoted, the same ole gang of incompetence to run this team, and we question the results we get, lol.

Its not like Homer is wild, hes walked the same amount of batters as the rest of the starters. Now are hitters hitting him more, yeah. Does he give up the HR ball, yep, has since day one though, so its nothing new.

Homer has earned the right to try to fix whatever is wrong, maybe hes got an injury thats undiagnosed, wouldn't be a surprise with this training and medical staff. Why not skip him a start, let him have a good bullpen session in stead of a start to work on things, heck put him on the 10 day DL to get some rest and work on things.

You tend to come after Votto but defend Bailey. That makes a whole lot of sense.

Reads like you're a Bailey fan, I'm not as much but that's our prerogative. And I know you have problems with the Castellini ownership but ownership doesn't pitch the ball, hit the ball or field the ball. IMO Bailey is stubborn to the point he's not seeing problems with his performance therefore when management asks him to change something or "work on mechanics", he doesn't think he needs to. Sometimes folks need a little attention getter to get things rolling in the right direction again. Now we hear he's been put on the 10 day disabled list so you might be right that he's injured again and didn't tell anyone. My bet is he urinated off somebody with his mouth and attitude and they somehow came up with a 10 day vacation for him.

Regardless of whether you're a Bailey fan or not, a player has to do what is best for the team at that moment. Sounded to me by his words he wasn't entertaining any thought of the kind.

(I thought I heard or read Johnny Bench saw a flaw in his delivery or mechanics that is probably being picked up by opposing hitters. Bench notified Homer or the Redlegs and Bailey blew it off.)

Reads like you're a Bailey fan, I'm not as much but that's our prerogative. And I know you have problems with the Castellini ownership but ownership doesn't pitch the ball, hit the ball or field the ball. IMO Bailey is stubborn to the point he's not seeing problems with his performance therefore when management asks him to change something or "work on mechanics", he doesn't think he needs to. Sometimes folks need a little attention getter to get things rolling in the right direction again. Now we hear he's been put on the 10 day disabled list so you might be right that he's injured again and didn't tell anyone. My bet is he urinated off somebody with his mouth and attitude and they somehow came up with a 10 day vacation for him.

Regardless of whether you're a Bailey fan or not, a player has to do what is best for the team at that moment. Sounded to me by his words he wasn't entertaining any thought of the kind.

(I thought I heard or read Johnny Bench saw a flaw in his delivery or mechanics that is probably being picked up by opposing hitters. Bench notified Homer or the Redlegs and Bailey blew it off.)

To the bolded we dont know what has and hasnt gone on behind the scenes. But let me ask this, this management thats making decisions, this is the one that thinks its a good idea to pitch what many are saying is the worse pitcher on the team, potentially 4-5 days a week, instead of just 1? Does that sound smart to you?