Reds at Diamondbacks (5/28 - 5/30)

You tend to come after Votto but defend Bailey. That makes a whole lot of sense.

If Votto was in a slump, like he goes through for 4 months out of the season, everyone would be saying give him time to work it out wouldnt they? Why not Bailey? What message are you sending to the young starting pitchers but kicking your "ACE" of the staff to the bullpen because hes having a bad spell? What do the young guys think is going to happen to them?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Votto was in a slump, like he goes through for 4 months out of the season, everyone would be saying give him time to work it out wouldnt they? Why not Bailey? What message are you sending to the young starting pitchers but kicking your "ACE" of the staff to the bullpen because hes having a bad spell? What do the young guys think is going to happen to them?

I stopped reading after "Votto slumps for 4 months of a season". Shocked you can believe that enough to type it.

To the bolded we dont know what has and hasnt gone on behind the scenes. But let me ask this, this management thats making decisions, this is the one that thinks its a good idea to pitch what many are saying is the worse pitcher on the team, potentially 4-5 days a week, instead of just 1? Does that sound smart to you?

If he's so bullheaded that he won't do what is asked with regards to making changes to delivery or working on mechanics, yes. Hell yes I would be urinated about being relegated. I would also work by rear off to get back to the rotation.

If he's so bullheaded that he won't do what is asked with regards to making changes to delivery or working on mechanics, yes. Hell yes I would be urinated about being relegated. I would also work by rear off to get back to the rotation.

Do we know he isnt working on trying to fix it?