Reds at Diamondbacks (5/28 - 5/30)

This guy is as big a buffoon as the previous manager. This entire organization needs to take a good hard look in the mirror and determine who if anyone can actually recognize what is and is not talent. There is no "plan" and that is pretty obvious.

Like I have said, until there is a change in ownership..............................

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean I get that Winker is a butcher defensively but he gets on base. I can see sitting him in some of the bigger parks but Duvall adds nothing on offense. This is a puzzling move especially given that Winker is supposed to be part of the future. If they're going to sit him they should trade him to an American League club that could use him as a DH. He'd be more valuable being traded than sitting the bench.

Ever notice (in recent times) the next star prospect (non pitcher) that has come up for the Reds has not really done that great once they get there.

Ever notice (in recent times) the next star prospect (non pitcher) that has come up for the Reds has not really done that great once they get there.

Whose been the next star since Votto & Bruce? Sure they've brought guys up but I wasn't sure which ones were supposed to be star quality.

Whose been the next star since Votto & Bruce? Sure they've brought guys up but I wasn't sure which ones were supposed to be star quality.

You're correct, there hasn't been anyone.

Just for kicks, I went back and looked at the past 10 years or so, to see who was rated as their top prospects. I did every-other-year, just because of the overlaps likely to occur. (It looks like most of these rankings were done in January, leading up to that year's season...so, it's very possible someone may have been on the Reds that year, and still show up on this prospect list.)

1. Jay Bruce

2. Johnny Cueto

3. Joey Votto

4. Homer Bailey

5. Todd Frazier

6. Matthew Maloney

7. Devin Mesoraco

8. Drew Stubbs

9. Neftali Soto

10. Kyle Lotzkar

1. Aroldis Chapman

2. Todd Frazier

3. Yonder Alonso

4. Mike Leake

5. Chris Heisey

6. Juan Francisco

7. Brad Boxberger

8. Travis Wood

9. Matt Maloney

10. Zach Cozart

1. Devin Mesoraco

2. Billy Hamilton

3. Daniel Corcino

4. Robert Stephenson

5. Zach Cozart

6. Tony Cingrani

7. Didi Gregorius

8. Todd Frazier

9. Yorman Rodriguez

10. Henry Rodriguez

1. Robert Stephenson

2. Billy Hamilton

3. Phillip Earvin

4. Jesse Winker

5. David Holmberg

6. Michael Lorenzen

7. Ben Lively

8. Carlos Contreras

9. Yorman Rodriguez

10. Jon Moscot

1. Robert Stephenson

2. Jesse Winker

3. Jose Peraza

4. Cody Reed

5. Amir Garrett

6. Tyler Stephenson

7. Keury Mella

8. Alex Blandino

9. Rookie Davis

10. Eric Jagielo

^Good stuff.

Outside of Bruce, none of the other non-pitching prospects were ever considered star material.

And a lot of people diminish Jay's career and worth, but the dude has had one hell of a MLB career that about 95% of other prospects would die for.

They are playing Duval and Schebler hoping they will produce and then they will trade them. The problem is even if they produce they will not bring more than one decent mid level prospect. That is no more than what they were when they were in minors.

I just read an article from Cincinnati.com/The Enquirer, Despite results, Cincinnati Reds pitcher Homer Bailey says his pitch execution is better

Despite results, Reds' Bailey says pitch execution has improved

Is it me or does this guy not understand how bad he is right now?

Well considering he's basically been the worst SP in all of MLB I'd say no.