Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic at Highlands Predictions

Featured Replies

That works for me as long as it's punts. And thanks for the positive thinking that HHS will score after their 70/80 yard drives. I agree with you! I can see 4 or 5 drives like that.:thumb:

 

Will be a great game! Can't wait to see CCH bring home the win!

CCH 17 HHS 14

  • Replies 261
  • Views 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't see anyone challenging the birds till they get to Louisville and I'm not sure BG can play with them either. Highlands 28 CC 10. Glad to see both teams moving to 5A next year.

I think the X factor will be the Birds defensive secondary. Head, Bethiany and the latest addition Daley are all ball hawks defending the pass. Shutting down the Colonel's short passing game will be the key.

 

I don't think the Colonel's can match the Bird's ability to score with a quick strike. Kramer is so elusive in the open field.

 

HHS 28 CCH 17.

I think the X factor will be the Birds defensive secondary. Head, Bethiany and the latest addition Daley are all ball hawks defending the pass. Shutting down the Colonel's short passing game will be the key.

 

 

Didn't I read that S Oldham had success throwing downfield against the Birds?

I think homefield advantage is overrated. Fieldturf is Fieldturf and football is football. Wherever its played shouldnt make a difference if you ask me.

I don't see anyone challenging the birds till they get to Louisville and I'm not sure BG can play with them either. Highlands 28 CC 10. Glad to see both teams moving to 5A next year.

 

I like this mentality. It makes for an easy target during playoffs. Hope HHS players and coaches think the same way. Sometimes surprises are not fun...:D :D :D

I believe that seeing both play that Cov. cath has size and Highlands has speed. It will be a great game and I am going to predict that Highlands wins on a wing around by Conner due to the fact that COv. Cath will pay too much attention to Kramer so they should. But never the less a great game best of luck to each team.

I think the X factor will be the Birds defensive secondary. Head, Bethiany and the latest addition Daley are all ball hawks defending the pass. Shutting down the Colonel's short passing game will be the key.

 

I don't think the Colonel's can match the Bird's ability to score with a quick strike. Kramer is so elusive in the open field.

 

HHS 28 CCH 17.

 

I love your optimism, but...have we been watching the same team?? I hope the DB's are up to the challenge. If they are, then HHS could win large. If not...well they'll get another shot!!

I love your optimism, but...have we been watching the same team?? I hope the DB's are up to the challenge. If they are, then HHS could win large. If not...well they'll get another shot!!

I think the key to HHS pass D this week will be to rush the QB. The Birds will have to bring the blitz to disrupt CovCaths passing game. If the Birds allow their QB to stand in the pocket and survey the field, it may be a long night. However, a good remedy to that would be the O grinding out long drives and keeping CovCaths O on the bench. Birds win 30-24:dancingpa

I think homefield advantage is overrated. Fieldturf is Fieldturf and football is football. Wherever its played shouldnt make a difference if you ask me.

And the winner in round 2 gets to play on Field Turf in round 3 as well.

I don't see anyone challenging the birds till they get to Louisville and I'm not sure BG can play with them either. Highlands 28 CC 10. Glad to see both teams moving to 5A next year.

 

Keep thinking that way! Who ever comes out of this region will have had to beat some pretty good football teams. Hope Highlands is not overlooking teams like Covington Catholic, Lexington Catholic, Rockcastle Co., and Johnson Central (who must have a pretty good team) What good teams have Highlands beat this year?

Looking at Highlands schedule, their best wins appear to be over Madison Central and Southwestern. They have played three Catholic powers close and this appears to be the reason for the confidence.

Anyone that's thinking that the HHS players/coaches are not working hard and think they're going to "cake walk" to a state title doesn't know Highlands football. Doesn't happen...

 

 

*Pun intended...

HHS 24 CCHS 9. Game actually closer than this score. HHS needs to hold on to the ball this week or it will be too close for comfort.

Cov Cath 17 Highlands 7

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.