Nice Move Leather Pants

gametime

Alfonso Soriano has rejected a $70 million, five-year contract offer from the Washington Nationals, diminishing any chance the perennial All-Star will stay with the club.

"It's almost impossible this great player will stay on our payroll," Nationals special assistant Jose Rijo told the newspaper Listin Diario in Thursday editions.

The Dominican slugger is coming off the best season of his career, becoming the first 40-40-40 player (homers-steals-doubles) in major league history.

"Everyone is more than interested in having a player like Soriano, but finances are keeping this from happening," Rijo said.

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/9723454

This just cracks me up. I am 100% convinced he botched the deadline deal to move him...
Oh My....:thumb:

$70 mil, to hit a ball, run and catch it....on occasion and he said "NO". ....:lol: If the deadline is passed, his Agent should find a new job.

Oh My....:thumb:

$70 mil, to hit a ball, run and catch it....on occasion and he said "NO". ....:lol: If the deadline is passed, his Agent should find a new job.

He can get a LOT more and not have to play in that Grand Canyon style stadium...

He's on my fantasy trade and I didn't make a mistake by not trading him. It was a contract year and I finished 3rd out of ten in our 12 keeper league. Frank Thomas or Mussina was my pick up of the year. I drafted Bill Hall and Hanley Ramirez and they had fantastic years. I have a good 12 coming back.