Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thoughts About Kroger Field for State Championship

Featured Replies

Love the location. Love UK.

 

Don’t mind having to park in a specified lot. I understand parking issues. Hate having to park in the green lot and then having to walk to the other side of the stadium to stand in a very long line to buy tickets.

 

Half the bathrooms closed.

 

Very long lines at the concession stand, manned by nice, but clearly inexperienced people.

 

Definitely hope to be back next year, but hope it is better organized.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were no parking lot designations. You could have parked wherever you wanted.

Love the location. Love UK.

 

Don’t mind having to park in a specified lot. I understand parking issues. Hate having to park in the green lot and then having to walk to the other side of the stadium to stand in a very long line to buy tickets.

 

Half the bathrooms closed.

 

Very long lines at the concession stand, manned by nice, but clearly inexperienced people.

 

Definitely hope to be back next year, but hope it is better organized.

 

Agreed on the concessions, high school students with little to no knowledge of taking/ preparing an order. Stood about 20 minutes after ordering for a hot chocolate.

  • Author
There were no parking lot designations. You could have parked wherever you wanted.

 

Not on Friday.

I don't know about designations, I pulled in and parked where I wanted. Agreed about 80% of bathrooms closed, bush league. Glad it was held at UK though, would not have made the trip if it were at Western

Not on Friday.

 

Good point. I parked in green lot yesterday since Boyle was visitor team and didn't realize other lots were closed?? Parked in blue today and it appeared all were open.

Parking lots were only specified for the 1pm game on Friday. Friday night you could park wherever you wanted to. Love having it at UK. First time I was able to go to a state game since I was playing in them 13-15 years ago.

Parking lots were only specified for the 1pm game on Friday. Friday night you could park wherever you wanted to.

 

I’d assume UK uses the football stadium for student parking as UofL does, that’s why, I’d imagine.

There were no parking lot designations. You could have parked wherever you wanted.

 

Kroger Field has an agreement to give exclusive use of its parking lots to UK Hospital on weekdays. UK Hospital has virtually no parking space of its own, and it is almost all designated for patients and visitors. Hospital staff uses the Kroger Field lots.

  • Author
I’d assume UK uses the football stadium for student parking as UofL does, that’s why, I’d imagine.

 

True, and I had no problem with that. Plenty of parking where we were. Problem was having to walk to the other side of the stadium where there was one long line selling tickets.

 

They should have had ticket sales with entrances where the parking was and more than one booth open. There were plenty of nice people standing around doing nothing, but trying to be helpful.

 

My point is, that I love the stadium and the location, but the organization on Friday could stand a lot of improvement.

 

I know we were only 1A, but I have been to many 1A Championship games and this was by far the worst organized. We don’t need much, and we are not hard to please. Make it a bit more user friendly

Not on Friday.

 

I parked where I wanted Friday and no one checked anything or asked for anything.

 

Oops I see now that you're talking about the early game on Friday.

I love the location and the stadium.

 

Just a few thoughts:

 

- Park in the stadium lots. It's free, close and easy

 

- Buy tickets at the UK ticket office on campus. They were $13 for general admission...no fees at all.

 

- The nicer seats on the home side should also be $13. I know they are "special" seats but for high school football, they should be the same price, first come, first serve.

Kroger Field has an agreement to give exclusive use of its parking lots to UK Hospital on weekdays. UK Hospital has virtually no parking space of its own, and it is almost all designated for patients and visitors. Hospital staff uses the Kroger Field lots.

 

I had the evening game on my mind. Oops :-)

I love the location and the stadium.

 

Just a few thoughts:

 

- Park in the stadium lots. It's free, close and easy

 

- Buy tickets at the UK ticket office on campus. They were $13 for general admission...no fees at all.

 

- The nicer seats on the home side should also be $13. I know they are "special" seats but for high school football, they should be the same price, first come, first serve.

 

Agreed. The home team fans were at a disadvantage in terms of seating.

I’d assume UK uses the football stadium for student parking as UofL does, that’s why, I’d imagine.

 

You are correct

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.