Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Matt Lauer Fired

Featured Replies

Matt Lauer fired from NBC News

 

The accountability of horrible actions by people in power continues. I give NBC credit for acting swiftly and decisively.

  • Replies 93
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess this means he's out of next year's Macy Day Parade? Think I heard them congratulate him this year on 30 years.

$25 million per year out the window. That's going hurt.

$25 million per year out the window. That's going hurt.

 

I will never understand these guys.

 

Where is Heidi Fleiss when you need her!

I keep watching the news/media to see which guy is sweating bullets while reporting on these incidents. You know Lauer had to have been waiting for the other shoe to drop ever since Charlie Rose was called out, if not before. Congresspersons also are probably looking over their shoulder.

 

Bad behavior that has been excused or glossed over is receiving its recompense.

I keep watching the news/media to see which guy is sweating bullets while reporting on these incidents. You know Lauer had to have been waiting for the other shoe to drop ever since Charlie Rose was called out, if not before. Congresspersons also are probably looking over their shoulder.

 

Bad behavior that has been excused or glossed over is receiving its recompense.

 

This is way bigger than anyone imagined. I'm betting lots of guys in positions of power are sweating right now...not just celebrities and politicians.

Wasn’t he involved in a scandal last year where it was reported that he and a co-worker were having an affair? Both denied it of course.

 

Without knowing the details of his firing, I still contend that the lines are being blurred on what is harassment versus what is just an inappropriate action or word.

I keep watching the news/media to see which guy is sweating bullets while reporting on these incidents. You know Lauer had to have been waiting for the other shoe to drop ever since Charlie Rose was called out, if not before. Congresspersons also are probably looking over their shoulder.

 

Bad behavior that has been excused or glossed over is receiving its recompense.

 

No doubt. Both left shoulder and right shoulder.

Wasn’t he involved in a scandal last year where it was reported that he and a co-worker were having an affair? Both denied it of course.

 

Without knowing the details of his firing, I still contend that the lines are being blurred on what is harassment versus what is just an inappropriate action or word.

 

It hasn't come out yet as to what Lauer did. But the other cases so far, I think have clearly been over the line. Walking around in a open robe (Charlie Rose), rape (Harvey Weinstein), groping, or the crazy stuff Louis CK did are a little beyond an inappropriate word or action. I hear what you're saying, but everything we've heard so far is pretty bad.

Wasn’t he involved in a scandal last year where it was reported that he and a co-worker were having an affair? Both denied it of course.

 

Without knowing the details of his firing, I still contend that the lines are being blurred on what is harassment versus what is just an inappropriate action or word.

 

It hasn't come out yet as to what Lauer did. But the other cases so far, I think have clearly been over the line. Walking around in a open robe (Charlie Rose), rape (Harvey Weinstein), groping, or the crazy stuff Louis CK did are a little beyond an inappropriate word or action. I hear what you're saying, but everything we've heard so far is pretty bad.

 

Both of you make good points here.

 

There are two key factors you have to look at in my opinion:

 

1. Is it a workplace related situation? Virtually any level of sexual related conduct in the workplace is big trouble for you, even if it is just verbal.

 

2. For outside the workplace and non co-worker involved incidents, the behavior is about whether it is actually criminal or not. It becomes much more difficult for an employer to take action if the inappropriate touching and or verbal misconduct takes place outside the workplace.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.