Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Matt Lauer Fired

Featured Replies

Not only creepy but his arrogance led to just being completely stupid! The claims of an affair years ago with Natalie Morales that were swept under the rug probably led to him thinking he was untouchable. Who gives “toys” and a note to someone you work with or expose yourself at work and think some day that’s not going to be found out?

I also don’t buy NBC knew nothing of his behavior. There is video from 2006 where he thought they were off air during commercial but one affiliate was still running and he told Katie Couric, who was bending over to grab a microphone, keep bending over, that’s a great view. Everyone on set and in the production room had to hear that!

  • Replies 93
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, friends and colleagues aren't in charge of your career. Do you go to HR when you have a decent job and accuse the face of NBC of sexual harassment and hope they believe you. This could be career ending. There are safety in numbers, so, when one person comes out, it tends to open the floodgates.

 

If he got her a sex toy, isnt the evidence pretty obvious?

I can tell everyone when I had a real job it was drilled into us. If you even looked at a female the wrong way more than once you were guilty and if you said anything sexual to anyone you might as well turn in your gear because you are done.

 

 

Exact same thought process as a principal and superintendent. I did not socialize with any co-workers outside of the workplace and stayed above board with comments and such. It wasn't that hard really. Just focus on the job.

Just to be clear, I mean what percentage of men have been guilty of sexually harassing someone? I think most men have crossed a line, at least a few times.

 

 

I don't think it is most.

So they were able to tell friends and colleagues but not those in charge?

Did you actually read the article and you are just doing the typical plantsman act? There were women that did report him in the past and NBC management at the time did nothing. It was well known they wanted to protect their cash cow.

I don’t think NBC deserves any credit here for firing ML when the article came out. Let’s not forget this culture shift started with the Weinstein revelations. The reporter who broke that story had to freelance it with the New Yorker when his employer NBC News wouldn’t publish it. This of course after months of investigation and on camera interviews, presumably after Harvey’s goons got to the network.

At first report I always take up for these guys, then it always comes out that they expose themselves,etc. I mean who in that position does that? I've never heard the average Joe Schmoe even do some of those things that are alleged. I always think of this Seinfeld episode when I hear things like this.

 

Elaine: "He took IT out"

Jerry: "what do you mean he took it out"

Elaine: "He took IT......out"

Jerry: " It"

Jerry: "Out"

Elaine: : :"It"

Elaine: "Out"

I don't trust anyone who can lock their door from the inside using a button under their desk.

I can't speak for any of the victims but if I had a six figure job in the career field of my choice I would rather eat the harassment than risk losing my career.

 

Then you would be part of the problem.

I don't think it is most.

 

Agree.

I don’t think NBC deserves any credit here for firing ML when the article came out. Let’s not forget this culture shift started with the Weinstein revelations. The reporter who broke that story had to freelance it with the New Yorker when his employer NBC News wouldn’t publish it. This of course after months of investigation and on camera interviews, presumably after Harvey’s goons got to the network.

 

NBC made the move because this was about ready to become public, IMO.

At first report I always take up for these guys, then it always comes out that they expose themselves,etc. I mean who in that position does that? I've never heard the average Joe Schmoe even do some of those things that are alleged. I always think of this Seinfeld episode when I hear things like this.

 

Elaine: "He took IT out"

Jerry: "what do you mean he took it out"

Elaine: "He took IT......out"

Jerry: " It"

Jerry: "Out"

Elaine: : :"It"

Elaine: "Out"

 

 

I was talking to the lovely lady about this last night. I am 63 years old and I swear it has never occurred to me to take it out and show someone. I have no idea why someone would do that.

 

Our thoughts were that men like looking at women nude, in general, more than women do men nude. She says women are more impressed with dress and physique (which I have no idea what she was looking at when we met). She thinks men look better in clothing that show off what she says are the good parts. That's what gets her attention. Men, in general, are different which is why Playboy was popular with men in the 50's, 60's etc.

 

This was just our thoughts edited a bit, there is no basis or research we sited, just our thoughts.

 

It beat talking politics or the Bengals. A good change of pace, so to speak.

Edited by Bengal Maniac

Breaking news: Matt Lauer is "truly sorry". Sorry he got caught.

Quote Originally Posted by theguru

I can't speak for any of the victims but if I had a six figure job in the career field of my choice I would rather eat the harassment than risk losing my career.

 

Then you would be part of the problem.

 

In theory yes. People not speaking up as these events occur have allowed things like this to continue. However, when you think about it, it's a really horrible situation to be in. Victims are often shamed, ridiculed, told to suck it up or even ignored. Women are already at a disadvantage in many fields of work. Even successfully bringing these events to light, still leaves the victim in an awkward situation. Good jobs are really hard to come by in some fields, so I get why someone would just put up with the abuse.

How many people have heard a comment by somebody saying how do we know these women aren't making this up? I know I have heard several people make that comment.

 

All the statistics I have seen on that are that it is very rare for a woman to make it up. Think about it. Why would any of these women subject themselves to all of this scrutiny? Victims most frequently don't report it because they are afraid they will be victimized themselves again. And yet people think somebody would make it up. if you hear someone insinuate that a woman is making it up, call them on it. Tell them that is not true. Women do not make these things up.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.