Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Matt Lauer Fired

Featured Replies

The guy clearly had an EGO problem.

 

I guess when you are pulling in $25M's a year you feel like you can do anything.

  • Replies 93
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A lot of men won't admit that they have probably crossed the line ... but they have.

 

Add to that, a few more who have crossed the line and are unaware.

 

I've gotten hung up on that because it's impossible to recount each interaction. Lots and lots of introspection and hoping that I've behaved in a manner that would make Momma proud.

So what took so long to report it? Thats what I dont get about some of this, why not report it when it happens.

 

I can't speak for any of the victims but if I had a six figure job in the career field of my choice I would rather eat the harassment than risk losing my career.

A lot of men won't admit that they have probably crossed the line ... but they have.

 

SF, I'm with you. I bet a lot of us are guilty of at least something. Maybe not doing things to the level of these jokers that are getting caught with their pants down, literally.

 

But I know I've made comments that would be deemed inappropriate. Maybe not directly to a female co-worker but I think many guys would be lying if they got on their high and mighty horse and said they were angels with their co-workers. Probably more guilty of what@lawildcat is saying.

So what took so long to report it? Thats what I dont get about some of this, why not report it when it happens.

 

If I had to pick one word, fear. Fear that their bosses wouldn't back them. Fear for losing their career. Fear for having things turned around and the focus/blame put on them.

 

My guess is that somebody finally came forward who was no longer afraid, and basically told NBC so. Probably a "I'm coming to you first because you're my employer, but tomorrow I'm going to the press." And after seeing what the backlash has been recently, I think the big-wigs finally said if they continued to sweep this under the rug, they were going to be seen as just as complicit. Which it turns out, they are anyway.

SF, I'm with you. I bet a lot of us are guilty of at least something. Maybe not doing things to the level of these jokers that are getting caught with their pants down, literally.

 

But I know I've made comments that would be deemed inappropriate. Maybe not directly to a female co-worker but I think many guys would be lying if they got on their high and mighty horse and said they were angels with their co-workers. Probably more guilty of what@lawildcat is saying.

 

Thank you for being honest. If all of us were just as brutally honest, how many could really and truly say we've never done or said something that was probably inappropriate and crept into the domain of sexual harassment?

If I had to pick one word, fear. Fear that their bosses wouldn't back them. Fear for losing their career. Fear for having things turned around and the focus/blame put on them.

 

My guess is that somebody finally came forward who was no longer afraid, and basically told NBC so. Probably a "I'm coming to you first because you're my employer, but tomorrow I'm going to the press." And after seeing what the backlash has been recently, I think the big-wigs finally said if they continued to sweep this under the rug, they were going to be seen as just as complicit. Which it turns out, they are anyway.

 

This is from the article:

 

These accounts of Lauer’s behavior at NBC are the result of a two-month investigation by Variety, with dozens of interviews with current and former staffers. Variety has talked to three women who identified themselves as victims of sexual harassment by Lauer, and their stories have been corroborated by friends or colleagues that they told at the time. They have asked for now to remain unnamed, fearing professional repercussions.

 

=================

 

I agree NBC is complicit and I can't even imagine how much NBC is going to end up paying out.

This is from the article:

 

These accounts of Lauer’s behavior at NBC are the result of a two-month investigation by Variety, with dozens of interviews with current and former staffers. Variety has talked to three women who identified themselves as victims of sexual harassment by Lauer, and their stories have been corroborated by friends or colleagues that they told at the time. They have asked for now to remain unnamed, fearing professional repercussions.

 

=================

 

I agree NBC is complicit and I can't even imagine how much NBC is going to end up paying out.

 

So they were able to tell friends and colleagues but not those in charge?

It sounds like Matt is a predatory creature, and a cruel one at that.

 

I agree.

So they were able to tell friends and colleagues but not those in charge?

 

I already covered that in a prior post.

So they were able to tell friends and colleagues but not those in charge?

 

Yes, friends and colleagues aren't in charge of your career. Do you go to HR when you have a decent job and accuse the face of NBC of sexual harassment and hope they believe you. This could be career ending. There are safety in numbers, so, when one person comes out, it tends to open the floodgates.

I don't know if it was in the Variety article, but in the TMZ article, it stated he had a remote under his desk which would lock his office door. Creepy

I don't know if it was in the Variety article, but in the TMZ article, it stated he had a remote under his desk which would lock his office door. Creepy

 

Oh yeah, that was covered.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.