Let the offseason begin: Reds seek new hitting, pitching coaches

stark

One of the talking experts up here in the Cincy area had some stats saying that as a team, the Reds had improved over Chambliss' 3 years in cutting down their K's.
Be interesting to see, the K's the last several years. Here are comparison for this season:

1,192 - Reds (K's)

1,053 - Opponents (K's)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a guess on my part, but here is who I see as the hitting coach and pitching coach for next year.

Hitting- Ken Griffey

Pitching- Mario Soto or Tom Browning.

I don't think Sr gets it and would be a terrible move if he did. It would just add to the "hate Jr" crowd. They would scream this is another example of Jr running the show, like they do with him staying in CF and batting 3rd.

Remember Senior is fighting cancer right now...
True and what is the latest, any change on his condition and prognosis.

For all the naysayers about JR out there, I might add SR's condition would way on JR's emotions and mental well-being, which I certainly believe it affected him on the field.....hard to separate, he's human.

True and what is the latest, any change on his condition and prognosis.

For all the naysayers about JR out there, I might add SR's condition would way on JR's emotions and mental well-being, which I certainly believe it affected him on the field.....hard to separate, he's human.

Don't forget momma Griffey was having issues too.

For some, at the price they pay him, he can't afford to be human.:irked:

Don't forget momma Griffey was having issues too.

For some, at the price they pay him, he can't afford to be human.:irked:

Some fans, forget professional athletes have lives off the field and they go through trials, tribulation and heartache, just like the rest of us.

Just a guess on my part, but here is who I see as the hitting coach and pitching coach for next year.

Hitting- Ken Griffey

I thought I saw that they wanted a pitching coach with experience. That was the reason for Hume going back to the bullpen. Don't think Soto or Browning have that. But I like them both.

Hitting- Ken Griffey

Maybe Brantley will be brought in as a pitching coach.

Griffey being present may certainly pacify Jr's. mood swings.

And so it begins and the reason why I feel that hiring Sr would be a HUGE mistake. And what makes you think Jr has mood swings?

All you have to do is watch the Reds play and you see his mood swings. For whatever reson he had, he didn't play every play as he should have IMO. I'm sure the health of his family had a big role in his actions but to me they were mood swings for a lack of a better word.

Maybe Brantley will be brought in as a pitching coach.

I'm for anything that will get Brantley off of ESPN, I can't stand him as a commentator. Hey while we're at it maybe they could hire Joe Morgan so we wouldn't have to listen to him anymore either, and after listening to Joe's critique over the last several years he could be the manager, pitching coach, hitting coach, fielding coach, general manager, second baseman and even umpire the games at the same time. Think of all the money the Reds could save. :thumb:

I'm for anything that will get Brantley off of ESPN, I can't stand him as a commentator. Hey while we're at it maybe they could hire Joe Morgan so we wouldn't have to listen to him anymore either, and after listening to Joe's critique over the last several years he could be the manager, pitching coach, hitting coach, fielding coach, general manager, second baseman and even umpire the games at the same time. Think of all the money the Reds could save. :thumb:
So, if I'm reading this right, Joe Morgan or Jeff Brantley wouldn't be a good hire by the Reds....:D

So, if I'm reading this right, Joe Morgan or Jeff Brantley wouldn't be a good hire by the Reds....:D

I'm not sure if either one could help the Reds although if Morgan knows exactly what every player, coach or umpire should do in every situation like he acts like he does than his hiring eliminate a lot of positions. From my standpoint though hiring them would save my eardrums a lot of discomfort over the course of a season. :D

I'm not sure if either one could help the Reds although if Morgan knows exactly what every player, coach or umpire should do in every situation like he acts like he does than his hiring eliminate a lot of positions. From my standpoint though hiring them would save my eardrums a lot of discomfort over the course of a season. :D
....:lol:

I understand and somewhere in the last 5-8 years, the color commentators have taken it upon themselves, to talk to the fans as if we're all uneducated about the game, rather to add insight to the broadcast and lead announcer.

Talk about what you see, offer insights and possible strategies in certain situations and please, please quit....criticizing everything a Manager does, or say "I would do".....

For the record though, I do like Brantley better than Morgan, as an analyst but wouldn't mind either, doing some Reds games or helping with the team....:thumb: