2006 - 07 UK Basketball Preseason Projections...

Riverside 157

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the Starting 5 looking like?

Crawford

Morris

Bradley

Perry

?

Also who all is gone from last years team? Sims, Alleyne, Rondo is that right?

I believe we'll see

Bradley

Crawford

Perry

Morris

Woo

at the beginning of the season anyway. Later on,l I look for Morris to move back to the 5 and maybe Stevenson step in at the 4, or Jasper to get fit in somewhere.

The thing I seen by watching the team Friday night is that we do have depth, even though we do only have 11 players. Now that is of course barring an injury, but I did see 11 players that I believe Coach Smith has a lot of confidence in playing. Stevenson really impressed the fans, but I understand it is just a practice and he will get pushed around some. However I do believe he can contribute 10+ minutes a game potentially.

I think the team will be better than last year. The freshmen class is very solid in talent and attitude. The team chemistry is much better,which can't be underestimated. I personally think Meeks will be the best out of the freshmen. Stevenson can jump out of the gym and reminds me alot of Jules. All this being said I look for Something like 22-7, second in the SEC east ,and the the sweet 16 with the elite 8 not being out of the question.:thumb:

I don't see how in the world anyone can be sure about chemistry before the season has even started. The chemistry probably will be better, heaven knows it could be any worse, but it is too early to draw that conclusion.

Anyone notice how we have been conditioned to accept a sweet 16 or Final 8 appearace?

I think the team will be better than last year. The freshmen class is very solid in talent and attitude. The team chemistry is much better,which can't be underestimated. I personally think Meeks will be the best out of the freshmen. Stevenson can jump out of the gym and reminds me alot of Jules. All this being said I look for Something like 22-7, second in the SEC east ,and the the sweet 16 with the elite 8 not being out of the question.:thumb:

:thumb:

Anyone notice how we have been conditioned to accept a sweet 16 or Final 8 appearace?

I have yet to figure out where this logic comes from? :confused:

I do not believe a single person ends the season happy unless UK cuts down the nets (even then a few would blame it on luck or something else, but that is another thread).

With the landscape of today's college basketball, is there really any team one STRONGLY feels will make the Final Four? Let us recap last year's Final Four: Florida, George Mason (which still not seem real), UCLA, and LSU.... besides UCLA, was any of these teams ranked coming into last season? Florida may have been, but they were down in the top 25.

Am I "conditioned" to accept a sweet 16 or Elite 8 appearance? Not really, but ask anyone else in the country and they know it is a lot more realistic than making the Final Four every other year or every third year... now that does not mean I am happy, but I do realize the difficulty in achieving the ultimate prize.

I don't see how in the world anyone can be sure about chemistry before the season has even started. The chemistry probably will be better, heaven knows it could be any worse, but it is too early to draw that conclusion.

Realistically we are not going to win a NC or go to the Final 4 every year. No one else in college basketball does that. Look at Duke, they in most years recently have been a Sweet 16 team. UNC didnt go very far last year.

Now what fans do expect is atleast a Final 4 pretty often and nothing worse than a Sweet 16 appearance. The near miss 2 years ago and then the bad luck 4 years ago have really made fans restless.