2006 - 07 UK Basketball Preseason Projections...

Riverside 157

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Realistically we are not going to win a NC or go to the Final 4 every year. No one else in college basketball does that. Look at Duke, they in most years recently have been a Sweet 16 team. UNC didnt go very far last year.

Now what fans do expect is atleast a Final 4 pretty often and nothing worse than a Sweet 16 appearance. The near miss 2 years ago and then the bad luck 4 years ago have really made fans restless.

Who said anything about making the final four every year. I would take once every 8 years.

First of all I think this will be a real good year for UK and alot better than people expect. I know every year I go into the year not looking just for a final four like some of you always talk about, I look for a National Championship, because if we dont get that then the season would just end in heartbreak then no matter where we got knocked out at in the tournament...

I have seen people say how we have depth this year that should help, but I really hope we only use around a 7 or 8 man rotation. I mean has anyone else noticed besides me that Tubby's team has done alot better when we dont have much depth. It seems like when we have alot of depth Tubby like to sub alot and the team never gets into much of a rhythm and with the way he runs his offense he needs his team to fine a rhythm to be good, and that is why we did so well in 03,04 and 05. So I would just like to see around an 7 to 8 man rotation with these players Bradley, Crawford, Meeks, Jasper, Morris, Perry, Thomas, and either Jared Carter of Stevenson it would just depend who is doing better out of the two since we really dont know since we dont see there practices.. However though I think that Michael Porter is going to end up being a steal for us out of this draft class and I look for him to help this team alot this year.

This would be my starting lineup

PG Bradley

SG Crawford

SF Perry

PF Thomas

C Morris

• 2 weeks later...