2006 - 07 UK Basketball Preseason Projections...

Riverside 157

Now that the round ball season is nearly upon us, how do you feel the UK cats will fair in the SEC and post season. I know there is a lot of ball to be played and players to be developed, however, what are your expectations for the upcoming season? Based off of your expectations, do you feel as if meeting this goal will be a "succsessful" season???

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this season will still be below standard, but better than last year. They'll be 2nd or 3rd in the SEC East, may go as far as the semis or given the right circumstances finals of the SEC tourney. May have a Sweet 16 appearance. Hmmm. Maybe not better than last year on performance, but I do think the team is better.

This season all depends on how the young guys develop. It could be a 10-20 season or a 25-5 season.

Morris will have a great year, maybe an All-American type of season. Perry had a great end of the season last year, I just hope it will carry over. Crawford and Bradley have always played inconsistent. Sheray Thomas is like a lost child wondering through the game. Woo is well.........Woo.

Jared Carter is going to have to step up and play some big minutes. Morris and Woo tend to become foul machines, especially early in ballgames.

UK will battle with UT for 2nd in the SEC East behind Florida. 20 wins is not out of the question for this team. I think if Tubby doesn't pick up his style of play a little more, and we are still losing, it could be a long, long year. I think most fans will understand that UK is young and will go through some growing pains this year.

Tubby Smith and UK will not lose 20 games this season or ever in a single season, not even close. This is going to be a very good, much more powerful and athletic team then the past couple of seasons. I really think they will pick it up on the defensive end of the floor like the Fitch and Hawkins team did and they will be a better scoring team as well. This team will "surprise" most of the UK fans and ALL of the "Tubby BASHERS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can see the Cats with a 22-24 win season, 11-5 or 12-4 in conference play, a # 3-4 seed and an elite 8 trip...To me, this is best case scenario...

At worse, 19-21 wins, 9-7 to 10-6 in conference play, a 6-7 seed and knocked out in 2nd round of ncaa tourney...

Imo this season will depend on how the young guys develop as others have said. That is hard to tell since they haven't even officially started practice yet. Morris should have a big year and be a force. Carter needs to seriously hit the weight room and get stronger and not be as intmidated as he was last year. I look for a 20-25 wins and possibly 2nd in the SEC east (that spot between us and Rocky Flop), the semi's or finals of the SEC tourney. As far as the NCAA hopefully a 6/7 or higher seed but how far would depend entirely on the region we are in and who will be in it with us. I look for Tubby to "right the ship" this season. One huge thing in our favor imo is that we will not have Team Turmoil like last year. Tubby has already made the statement that if anyone started that then they could find some other place to play. GO BIG BLUE!!:dancingpa I can't wait for basketball season at U.K. :flame:

Tubby Smith and UK will not lose 20 games this season or ever in a single season, not even close. This is going to be a very good, much more powerful and athletic team then the past couple of seasons. I really think they will pick it up on the defensive end of the floor like the Fitch and Hawkins team did and they will be a better scoring team as well. This team will "surprise" most of the UK fans and ALL of the "Tubby BASHERS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am hoping that you are right, but I honestly don't see what you are seeing. To say that they will be better than the team 2 years ago that lost in the elite 8 in a double overtime game is a stretch. Hopefully you're right.

I think this team will be better for two MAJOR reasons: CHEMISTRY and STRENGTH/CONDITIONING!!! By all accounts this group of 11 or 12 kids counting the walk-ons are a very tight-knit group of kids and that is always important and they all are supposed to have put on some muscle and are in GREAT shape, that from the mouth of Mr. Holsopple himself.

Just 2 seasons ago we were right there, a chance to go to the Final Four and it slipped through our fingers. The state of UK basketball isn't nearly as bad as some portray it to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really like what Im hearing about this team. Is their question marks all over the place? Yes. But I also see a ton of potential and a team that has worked their behinds off in the off season. This team reminds me a little bit of the 2002-2003 team that wasnt talked about very much or expected to do a whole lot. I dont see us being that good in the regular season, but we potentially could have a great season.

I find it interesting that most of the optimism that I read or hear is based on the additon of a new strength and conditioning coach. How about shooting? Who on this team is a dependable jump shooter?

I look for 8-12 losses, 2nd or 3rd in the east, and 2nd or 3rd defeat in the NCAA. My how things have changed.

I find it interesting that most of the optimism that I read or hear is based on the additon of a new strength and conditioning coach. How about shooting? Who on this team is a dependable jump shooter?

I look for 8-12 losses, 2nd or 3rd in the east, and 2nd or 3rd defeat in the NCAA. My how things have changed.

Its hard to say. Tonight Ramel Bradley, Meeks, Perry, and Porter all hit outside shots for us. Crawford will also hit outside shots, he didnt play tonight. I agree it is a question mark.

Its hard to say. Tonight Ramel Bradley, Meeks, Perry, and Porter all hit outside shots for us. Crawford will also hit outside shots, he didnt play tonight. I agree it is a question mark.

Meeks and Jasper look like nice players. I especially like Jasper's size.