16thBBall Fan

Who wins?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately you are correct. BBN gets more upset over meaningless regular season games than any fanbase in the sport. Over reaction Wednesday will be on full display.

While I am not one of those fans you mention, I disagree that this is a meaningless regular season game. Don't think for a second that the NCAA Tournament Committee won't look at this game when seeding each of these teams in March. That said, I expect my Cat's will lose this one and it won't be that close. However, I do believe it will be a game that's looked at by the committee come tournament time so it isn't exactly meaningless.

While I am not one of those fans you mention, I disagree that this is a meaningless regular season game. Don't think for a second that the NCAA Tournament Committee won't look at this game when seeding each of these teams in March. That said, I expect my Cat's will lose this one and it won't be that close. However, I do believe it will be a game that's looked at by the committee come tournament time so it isn't exactly meaningless.

Completely meaningless. All regular season college basketball games are meaningless with regards to winning. Kentucky could go 0-31 and still win the national championship in theory. These games are certainly a measuring stick and a chance to play against a great team. But it's meaningless with regards to winning a national championship. UK got blown out by Florida 3 times in one year and was one possession away from winning a National Championship. These games are meaningless with regards to winning.

Completely meaningless. All regular season college basketball games are meaningless with regards to winning. Kentucky could go 0-31 and still win the national championship in theory. These games are certainly a measuring stick and a chance to play against a great team. But it's meaningless with regards to winning a national championship. UK got blown out by Florida 3 times in one year and was one possession away from winning a National Championship. These games are meaningless with regards to winning.

That's as far as I read in your reply. How does a team even make the tournament if they didn't win a single game? You must not understand the seeding process which also goes a long way in getting a favorable road to the Final Four.

Not exactly true.

First game at Rupp was a 10 point Florida win.

Florida at Kentucky (February 15, 2014)

Second game at Florida was a big blowout for the Gators by nearly 20.

Kentucky at Florida (March 8, 2014)

Third game in the SEC tourney was a very good game that the Cats dropped by 1 point.

Kentucky vs. Florida (March 16, 2014)

Not exactly true.

First game at Rupp was a 10 point Florida win.

Florida at Kentucky (February 15, 2014)

Second game at Florida was a big blowout for the Gators by nearly 20.

Kentucky at Florida (March 8, 2014)

Third game in the SEC tourney was a very good game that the Cats dropped by 1 point.

Kentucky vs. Florida (March 16, 2014)

Fair enough I didn't remember the correctly. But they lost 3 times to the #1 team in the country and made it further in the tournament than they did. I guess I just don't see the advantage for either team winning the game other than rankings purposes which in college basketball are meaningless.

That's as far as I read in your reply. How does a team even make the tournament if they didn't win a single game? You must not understand the seeding process which also goes a long way in getting a favorable road to the Final Four.

Go 0 for season, win 4 in SEC tourney, get auto bid, win 6 more and are champs. Verrrry unlikely but that is the scenario.

Unless you play in a conference where every team doesn't get in the conference tournament. Every team has the opportunity to win the conference tournament and make the tourney.

Go 0 for season, win 4 in SEC tourney, get auto bid, win 6 more and are champs. Verrrry unlikely but that is the scenario.

Obviously it's extremely unlikely, but in theory it could happen. No matter how many games you lose, you technically aren't out until you lose in your conference tournament or NCAA tournament.

U.K. improved from last Friday to the Sunday game but I am pretty sure that there won't be enough improvement to beat Kansas tomorrow night. What it will do is give an idea how far to go the Cats have, how good, or at this point bad this team is.

Kansas ...very comfortably.