Tyler Eifert To Have Season Ending Surgery

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things with this. One now he may be cheaper to sign, which you do if reasonable and make it excentive heavy. I have changed my mind on the franchise tag now with this 3rd back surgery. It would have to be a very reasonable contract now. I'm fine with it being worth more only if it's incentive based, based on him having to play.

Money that could have been toward Zeitler.

This team wouldn't be 2-3 if Zeitler was on the team.

What money? Eifert is on his rookie deal having him didn't cost them Zeitler. Also no Zeitler would not have made this team better than what they are. They still lose the first two with Zampese as OC. Also Zeitler wasn't going to help Dalton complete big time throws that would have made a difference against Green Bay.

Right Guard play honestly hasn't been to bad. So no idea how you all think he would have made a difference so far. You all realize that this year's team only has given up one more sack this year than we did last year at this time. Which that was with both Whit and Zeitler. Which last year they sucked run blocking too. For what Whit and Zeitler signed for they made the right move still. Not signing them also now allowed them to keep Dre who has had a good year. It allowed them money to go ahead and extend Burfict. It allowed them sign Minter for MLB who has done a good job. Also allowed them to bring back a veteran in Lafell.

Yes the line is not good, but people forget the line was horrible last year even with Whit and Zeitler. Yet people wanted them to spend big money to keep a line together that was horrible last year in pass protection and running the ball. The Bengals did the right thing. They invested in their defense to make what looks like a top 5 defense. They invested in skill guys for Dalton. They actually built this thing perfectly, because they even drafted two tackles in the first and second round two years ago. That if they would have worked out they would be set for years. So they had to give the young tackles one more year to see if they could pan out at their natural spots. They seen now it hasnt, and I am sure next draft and even free agency will be all about the line. Hopefully they invest in a new OL coach too because I think he could be the biggest problem.

Two things with this. One now he may be cheaper to sign, which you do if reasonable and make it excentive heavy. I have changed my mind on the franchise tag now with this 3rd back surgery. It would have to be a very reasonable contract now. I'm fine with it being worth more only if it's incentive based, based on him having to play.

If the Bengals can get him at a reasonable price, then he's absolutely talented enough to take the risk on. My biggest concern with signing him all along is how much it would hinder their ability to sign a veteran offensive lineman.

I just don't see how they can pay him elite or even top $$. He has physical issues, that is clear.

Agreed but some team will offer him a huge offer because they would be looking to make a splash. So even though i wanted him back, with this 3rd back surgery. I only want him back if it's for a reasonable price and mainly incentive based.

If the Bengals can get him at a reasonable price, then he's absolutely talented enough to take the risk on. My biggest concern with signing him all along is how much it would hinder their ability to sign a veteran offensive lineman.

Like it or not the Bengals aren't going to go pay a lot of money for a veteran lineman. They simply don't go spend big money on free agents from other teams. We will sign a second tier lineman who is still available after the first wave of free agency hits. Thats why I been more on the might as well sign him back even if just for a year. Because the Bengals will sign a middle of the pack lineman and will do the rest through the draft. However after this news I do agree that even a franchise tag is to much. Whatever contract he gets needs to be incentive based.

What money? Eifert is on his rookie deal having him didn't cost them Zeitler. Also no Zeitler would not have made this team better than what they are. They still lose the first two with Zampese as OC. Also Zeitler wasn't going to help Dalton complete big time throws that would have made a difference against Green Bay.

Right Guard play honestly hasn't been to bad. So no idea how you all think he would have made a difference so far. You all realize that this year's team only has given up one more sack this year than we did last year at this time. Which that was with both Whit and Zeitler. Which last year they sucked run blocking too. For what Whit and Zeitler signed for they made the right move still. Not signing them also now allowed them to keep Dre who has had a good year. It allowed them money to go ahead and extend Burfict. It allowed them sign Minter for MLB who has done a good job. Also allowed them to bring back a veteran in Lafell.

Yes the line is not good, but people forget the line was horrible last year even with Whit and Zeitler. Yet people wanted them to spend big money to keep a line together that was horrible last year in pass protection and running the ball. The Bengals did the right thing. They invested in their defense to make what looks like a top 5 defense. They invested in skill guys for Dalton. They actually built this thing perfectly, because they even drafted two tackles in the first and second round two years ago. That if they would have worked out they would be set for years. So they had to give the young tackles one more year to see if they could pan out at their natural spots. They seen now it hasnt, and I am sure next draft and even free agency will be all about the line. Hopefully they invest in a new OL coach too because I think he could be the biggest problem.

I'm fine with that.

Like it or not the Bengals aren't going to go pay a lot of money for a veteran lineman. They simply don't go spend big money on free agents from other teams. We will sign a second tier lineman who is still available after the first wave of free agency hits. Thats why I been more on the might as well sign him back even if just for a year. Because the Bengals will sign a middle of the pack lineman and will do the rest through the draft. However after this news I do agree that even a franchise tag is to much. Whatever contract he gets needs to be incentive based.

Unfortunately you're probably right.

I'm fine with that.

No doubt. Next off season has to be all about the offensive line and pretty much every spot on the line. The Bengals have actually done a good job basically rebuilding why also trying to stay competitive. If they can get next off season right and hit on a few good offensive lineman in the draft. The Bengals would be set again for a long time.

He'll be a FA this season. I think he might retire.

Yeah, 3rd back surgery of his career.

I work with a guy who lives just down the street from Tyler. He saw Eifert out one day and said he was moving like a man in his 60's...shuffling his feet when he walked. Retirement would not surprise me. Like many have said, it sucks because he's a good dude.