Tyler Eifert To Have Season Ending Surgery

I work with a guy who lives just down the street from Tyler. He saw Eifert out one day and said he was moving like a man in his 60's...shuffling his feet when he walked. Retirement would not surprise me. Like many have said, it sucks because he's a good dude.

He has only played in 42 of 83 possible games. Does he qualify for retirement based on games played? Or is it based on years on a roster?

He'll be a FA this season. I think he might retire.

I don't see him retiring because he is on his rookie contract still. I see him trying to come back because some team will offer him a decent deal still with some guarnteed money. So he is going to want to at least get one more contact with guarnteed money and a lot of incentives to make more. This way even if he can find away to have one more good season it could get him one last good pay check.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I was wanting the Bengals to take OJ Howard because I wanted them to use more TE sets. Now I wish even more that they took Howard, especially since Ross is still injury prone like in college.
I was aboard the OJ Howard train as well.

It wouldn't surprise me if Eifert retired. I think he'll try and come back and play, but it wouldn't surprise me. He's made smart choices though. He helped found an outdoor apparel company called Yudu. I don't really know how that is going, but he's an avid bow hunter so it wouldn't surprise me if he used his fame from football to venture into the outdoor industry.

I was reading there was speculation this could be a spinal fusion. They said timeline to return is 4-6 months and surgery for a simple disc is 6-8 weeks. It could be a career ender if it is a spinal fusion.

If it is spinal fusion, which I heard on 1530 today, he should just retire. Your body is talking to you, time to listen and move on to your next career.