Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Breaking: Several College Basketball Assistant Coaches Arrested by FBI

Featured Replies

I hate how the headlines on ESPN and other networks are primarily about UofL, Arizona is a BIG factor in this. They've gotten big time recruits and have had successful seasons. It'll be interesting with what happens to them.

  • Replies 593
  • Views 76.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Balsa Koprivica is who some believe is the 2019 recruit that UL was trying to get with money ala Bruce Bowen. The kid plays for a Adidas sponsored AAU team.

 

UL assistants aren't facing arrests because they didn't profit off the deal other than helping arrange money to the family to get the kid.

 

Jurich needs to go. He was in thick with President Ramsey and the Foundation. There is an ongoing investigation with that, I believe and an effort to retrieve the information that was deleted from computers at the Foundation.

 

Chuck Person on the other hand is facing 80 years.

 

GT, who are some of the kids Mick dropped recruiting wise lately?

There are some shady individuals in basketball and I know a few of them. Most often they are likable people too. I already ended up in an NCAA investigation a few years ago. I don't want any part of the FBI.

 

#HumbleBrag

 

Nah, I have no reason for that. It was interesting when a strange number called however and introduced himself as someone from the NCAA committee on infractions.

Balsa Koprivica is who some believe is the 2019 recruit that UL was trying to get with money ala Bruce Bowen. The kid plays for a Adidas sponsored AAU team.

 

UL assistants aren't facing arrests because they didn't profit off the deal other than helping arrange money to the family to get the kid.

 

Jurich needs to go. He was in thick with President Ramsey and the Foundation. There is an ongoing investigation with that, I believe and an effort to retrieve the information that was deleted from computers at the Foundation.

 

Chuck Person on the other hand is facing 80 years.

 

GT, who are some of the kids Mick dropped recruiting wise lately?

 

Rawle Alkins, Mustapha Herron and Nassir Little come to mind. Hmmm... :lol2:

Apparently there are 10 sealed affidavits that didn't come out today, so there is a "phase 2" looming...

 

 

phase10-card-game.jpg

  • Author
Too broad.

 

The issue here is 3rd parties funneling kids to certain schools. Doesn't happen at most places, very few in fact. The Feds aren't going to care about small time 1 to 1 benefits, they are looking for major funds from 3rd parties -- and then will get the kids families for tax evasion. Going to get ugly.

 

Although I think the wild card is how much they pull from folks to avoid prosecution. It will be a PLETHORA of info given their desire to avoid federal prison.

 

I'm talking more about when these guys that are facing serious prison time start naming names and ratting out anyone and everyone they can to save their own hides...Gonna get very interesting...

Will the NCAA rule these players ineligible to ever play in a college under their jurisdiction?

 

If players like Enes Kanter lost their eligibility, I don't see how a player receiving 100K could maintain theirs.

Looks like NAIA schools and Europe will get some players.

Looks like NAIA schools and Europe will get some players.

 

Speaking of Europe... certainly seems like we're starting to understand why more high school guys didn't try and go get paid experience in Europe after the one-and-done era began. I remember hearing that it was all the great exposure they get by staying here and playing in college...

 

...if someone was trying to expose me to $100,000 to play college ball I'd stick around too.

Speaking of Europe... certainly seems like we're starting to understand why more high school guys didn't try and go get paid experience in Europe after the one-and-done era began. I remember hearing that it was all the great exposure they get by staying here and playing in college...

 

...if someone was trying to expose me to $100,000 to play college ball I'd stick around too.

 

I will fully admit that I fall into the trap of believing that if you're one of the best players there is a lot of value in the exposure that you receive playing for Duke, Kentucky and Kansas and that you lost all that playing oversees for a year. Better to stay in college and be a household name by the end of your freshman season.

 

Even better to be a household name after your freshman year with 100K in your bank account lol.

I will fully admit that I fall into the trap of believing that if you're one of the best players there is a lot of value in the exposure that you receive playing for Duke, Kentucky and Kansas and UNC, especially UNC and that you lost all that playing oversees for a year. Better to stay in college and be a household name by the end of your freshman season.

 

Even better to be a household name after your freshman year with 100K in your bank account lol.

 

Fixed that for you MJ.

Michael Eaves @michaeleaves

A person inside the Louisville athletic department tells me there's an expectation that Pitino (and likely Jurich) will be fired today.

GetslowandDeuce @GetslowandDeuce

We hate what is happening to the UofL basketball program. But at the end of the day, we still have Randy. #Winning #TeamRandy

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.