Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Breaking: Several College Basketball Assistant Coaches Arrested by FBI

Featured Replies

Apparently there are 10 sealed affidavits that didn't come out today, so there is a "phase 2" looming...

 

I expect there to be multiple phases by the time it’s all said and done.

  • Replies 593
  • Views 76.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It may affect smaller sports and I'm not completely in the know of all the goes on at UofL, but I don't think it hurts Football or baseball. Instead of families saving up to go to a UofL basketball game, they go to a football game. No I didn't watch the Kent State game on Saturday but they just came off a tough loss. If they had beat Clemson that place would have been packed. Those random no- name schools tucked in between conference play are odd. They'll be lucky to have 30,000 people in Kroger Field this Saturday. Just how it goes. But I don't think people are going to just stop going to games all together.

 

So essentially from what you said, we are now in agreement that it may hurt other programs?

These allegations make Big Baller Brand look like missionaries.

These allegations make Big Baller Brand look like missionaries.

 

Caused me to spit Sprite on me laptop...:lol2::lol::clap:

I expect there to be multiple phases by the time it’s all said and done.

 

Wonder what the chances are that Duke, UK, Kansas, UCLA and/or UNC get dirty as well..

Wonder what the chances are that Duke, UK, Kansas, UCLA and/or UNC get dirty as well..

 

I would say decent chances, but who knows. Those schools don’t have to pay athletes to come there because of the story and history of their programs, but for schools like UofL and Arizona they don’t have as much to offer the high end recruits so they have to throw something else in to get attention. Money being the biggest.

Wonder what the chances are that Duke, UK, Kansas, UCLA and/or UNC get dirty as well..

 

Zero for Duke. They poop gold and it smells like poperi. Ask their fans.

I would say decent chances, but who knows. Those schools don’t have to pay athletes to come there because of the story and history of their programs, but for schools like UofL and Arizona they don’t have as much to offer the high end recruits so they have to throw something else in to get attention. Money being the biggest.

 

Hopefully we stay clean. I would think Cal is smarter than that.

Hopefully we stay clean. I would think Cal is smarter than that.

 

I would also think if any of the blue bloods had any connection they’d be mentioned first, but they also may not have gotten that far yet so we’ll see.

So essentially from what you said, we are now in agreement that it may hurt other programs?

Yeah just not football and probably baseball IMO.

So anyone know what time UofL is supposed to make their big announcement in the a.m.?

For all you salivating for it, signs are pointing towards Pitino AND Jurich being out...

Almost every coach in college basketball is probably sweating bullets right now...

 

Too broad.

 

The issue here is 3rd parties funneling kids to certain schools. Doesn't happen at most places, very few in fact. The Feds aren't going to care about small time 1 to 1 benefits, they are looking for major funds from 3rd parties -- and then will get the kids families for tax evasion. Going to get ugly.

 

Although I think the wild card is how much they pull from folks to avoid prosecution. It will be a PLETHORA of info given their desire to avoid federal prison.

Wonder what the chances are that Duke, UK, Kansas, UCLA and/or UNC get dirty as well..

 

If their evidence goes back about 5 years, I can PROMISE you that UCLA will be drilled. That said, I obviously have no idea how far back they have evidence / proof, nor do I know what they'll get from the shoe guys and their files, but UCLA folks won't be sleeping well for a while.

Too broad.

 

The issue here is 3rd parties funneling kids to certain schools. Doesn't happen at most places, very few in fact. The Feds aren't going to care about small time 1 to 1 benefits, they are looking for major funds from 3rd parties -- and then will get the kids families for tax evasion. Going to get ugly.

 

Although I think the wild card is how much they pull from folks to avoid prosecution. It will be a PLETHORA of info given their desire to avoid federal prison.

 

How much do you think all of this will change the landscape of college basketball?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.