How would you handle the protests?

ManOfTroy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if Tomlin was trying to take the high road and “remove” his team from the situation. He dug himself into a big hole once he complained, was disappointed about “not getting 100% participation.”

Get to know your players better Mike, you got 99% participation, with one combat vet being insubordinate.

Whoever wants to debate this post, go for it.

Even if Tomlin was trying to take the high road and “remove” his team from the situation. He dug himself into a big hole once he complained, was disappointed about “not getting 100% participation.”

Get to know your players better Mike, you got 99% participation, with one combat vet being insubordinate.

Whoever wants to debate this post, go for it.

I don't think there is anything to debate once you couple that with Harrison's comments as well. They were clearly not happy Villanueva went out for the anthem.

I don't think there is anything to debate once you couple that with Harrison's comments as well. They were clearly not happy Villanueva went out for the anthem.

Because Tomlin and the Steelers created a hero in a time of great protest. It’s not about a plan going sideways now. They created the person who will be Kap’s shadow now.

Veteran guard Ramon Foster said the team supported Villanueva standing just off the field, while offensive lineman Chris Hubbard said most players assumed Villanueva was an exception to the solidarity.

“Al was cool with it, with whatever we went through. He was on board. That’s Al, man,” Hubbard said. “He’s a good guy.”

“I don't want to go into that, but we support our guy, Al,” Cam Heyward said via ESPN. “He feels he had to do it. This guy served our country, and we thank him for it.”

Veteran guard Ramon Foster said the team supported Villanueva standing just off the field, while offensive lineman Chris Hubbard said most players assumed Villanueva was an exception to the solidarity.

“Al was cool with it, with whatever we went through. He was on board. That’s Al, man,” Hubbard said. “He’s a good guy.”

“I don't want to go into that, but we support our guy, Al,” Cam Heyward said via ESPN. “He feels he had to do it. This guy served our country, and we thank him for it.”

So much for the conspiracy theory.

What did the leader of the team say? James Harrison is the leader of that team and he clearly was taken aback by the fact that Villanueva went out. What's the response to that? Yes the rest of the team gave the PC answer that we expect. Harrison didn't.

What did the leader of the team say? James Harrison is the leader of that team and he clearly was taken aback by the fact that Villanueva went out. What's the response to that? Yes the rest of the team gave the PC answer that we expect. Harrison didn't.

Harrison is the leader of the team? Says who?

Ben

AB

LB

All ahead of Harrison on the “leaders of the team” list.

Leaders? Not ahead of Harrison. No way. Better players, but Harrison is the heart and soul of that team and sets the example with his work ethic and determination. The 3 you named have never came off to me as "Leaders" great players, but who is getting up in players faces who is the most respected guy on the team. Harrison.

That's what I was thinking....And I think Ramon Foster is probably right there too.

How are those guys "leaders". Obviously they are their best players but do they hold people accountable the way Harrison does? Who does Tomlin go to if he wants something done in the locker room? I'm guessing it's Harrison.

You are correct man. There’s only a small portion of the team/staff who weren’t happy about his non-participation that we know of right now. I am glad he has support. I know that Al never wanted any of this but when the song came on, his salute to duty kicked in.

How are those guys "leaders". Obviously they are their best players but do they hold people accountable the way Harrison does? Who does Tomlin go to if he wants something done in the locker room? I'm guessing it's Harrison.

We're both guessing here. You think it's Harrison because you want there to be some sort of controversy/locker room divide with the Steelers.

I think it's the guy (Big Ben) who is the longest tenured guy on the roster that has led the team to multiple Super Bowl titles. Bell and Brown, well I think a lot of the younger guys (Bryant, Rogers, Schuster, etc.) all look up to those two. I think an argument could be made that Cam Heyward is as much of a defensive leader as Harrison.

IMO, Harrison is just the loud-mouth crazy guy. Kinda like Burfict and Pac Man on the Bengals. :lol2: