Spotlight vs Winning

lchs32

I would like to get some opinions on this, are kids these days more worried about getting stats besides their names, or the wins? I was reading a profile of a player at Lawrence County the other day, he was a wide receiver talking to the quarterback, saying if u want to make all area team just throw me the ball. Maybe this is whats wrong with Lawrence County these days, don't get me wrong i love my bulldogs but something has got to change there.give me some feedback.

They should be more worried about their responsibilities, which translates into winning football. If they are worried more about glory or stats, that is when you have cliques and dissension, which causes a lot of problems.

I would like to get some opinions on this, are kids these days more worried about getting stats besides their names, or the wins? I was reading a profile of a player at Lawrence County the other day, he was a wide receiver talking to the quarterback, saying if u want to make all area team just throw me the ball. Maybe this is whats wrong with Lawrence County these days, don't get me wrong i love my bulldogs but something has got to change there.give me some feedback.

It really depends on the school. It is rare to see that sort of thing at Trinity or St.X. In my experience the same applies to Boyle County and Highlands.

Schools like Eastern and Ballard on the other hand seem to have issues with it all the time.

^ Excellent point.... I agree 100% (that is why it was excellent..... ha ha).

Schools where players don't "BELIEVE" have the superstar syndrome....

Coaching factors into this equation too.

Yes kids today expect to be in the spot light because our school systems reward them for just coming to school. So yes they want the spotlight on themselves because we teach kids to be selfish and not to win as a team.

Football in the end is the ultimate team sport. Successful teams have individual stars but play as a team and more importantly exist as a team.

These days with all the outside influences on the individual spotlight it takes a real effort for coaches to maintain the team concept.