Netting in Baseball Stadiums

HammerTime

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you go to the other end of the dugout, you cut out all the fan interaction with the players at the dugout. No more throwing balls up to fans coming off the field and such.

Nor will they be able to shoot t shirts from the top of the dugout.

Most interaction and autograph signing takes place beyond the dugout; balls can be thrown over the net or passed under it (depending on how it's set up); the netting can be on the front of the dugout so "spirit team" can still shoot off the t-shirt cannon. Are these really big issues?

Most interaction and autograph signing takes place beyond the dugout; balls can be thrown over the net or passed under it (depending on how it's set up); the netting can be on the front of the dugout so "spirit team" can still shoot off the t-shirt cannon. Are these really big issues?
Exactly. Most autographs take place down towards the corner where the ball boy sits. Also the netting would definitely be in the front of the dugout but behind the players. If you've ever been to a Florence Freedom game you know what I'm talking about. Also I'm pretty sure little Johnny not getting Joey Votto's autograph is not nearly as important as making sure little Johnny doesn't end up in the hospital.

Part of me says just pay attention to the game, but that's not realistic in 2017. As much as I hate the idea, netting all the way down the baseline is probably the safest course of action. I think Steve Bartman would agree.

Yes, that 4 year old girl in Yankee stadium was, obviously, not paying attention. We have to protect the innocent as well as the ignorant.