Top 10 Teams in the 9th

Fleek is and has been under-appreciated IMO. Would star at Beechwood and start at Cooper. Very' date=' very good player - even with CCH's talent I don't understand how he won't see the floor this year.[/quote']

U say start at Cooper, what starter does he replace??

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What coach have you talked to ? I heard same thing except Fleek has really struggled and Nick Thelen has dominated that matchup . SHoukd be interesting in Park Hills . Why isn't it a great system for bigs to score ? TObler, Schue, Schulte all scored . The three you mentioned aren't scorers from what I have seen . I have not seen Greene so I can not comment on him . Did he play aau this summer ?

Interesting, Schue was the only one of these 3 to get to the 1,000 point club and he averaged 10.3 points per game. Lowest points per game on the list. SECrules may be on to something?

What about Jefferson and Kremer coming off the bench as well or possibly one of them starting. The games I attended they got significant playing time as freshman?

Both of them are good guards and will see the floor this season. Caleb was hampered by an early knee injury last season that seems to be healed now since he's playing DB on the football team. Paul is a dead-eye shooter that that can make a difference.

U say start at Cooper, what starter does he replace??

I was thinking the exact same thing. Cooper's projected starters (IMO) are going to be:

Kunkle

McNeil

Runion

Walters (part-time starter last year)

Baker

(or Holy Cross transfer Houston)

Who is he replacing?

I was thinking the exact same thing. Cooper's projected starters (IMO) are going to be:

Kunkle

McNeil

Runion

Walters (part-time starter last year)

Baker

(or Holy Cross transfer Houston)

Who is he replacing?

Starts in front of Baker (superior all around player IMO) and likely Walters (more physical and better rebounder).

Better fit for Cooper’s style of play than Houston - gets up and down and moves better laterally than Houston (good player but heavy footed).

I think he’d be a great fit at Cooper facing the basket - but it’s all hypothetical- kid’s at Cov Cath and is staying at Cov Cath.

Starts in front of Baker (superior all around player IMO) and likely Walters (more physical and better rebounder).

Better fit for Cooper’s style of play than Houston - gets up and down and moves better laterally than Houston (good player but heavy footed).

I think he’d be a great fit at Cooper facing the basket - but it’s all hypothetical- kid’s at Cov Cath and is staying at Cov Cath.

Might be a smart move for him

Understand. Sully has a way of getting the absolute most out of his players so new players are always welcome as long as the want to play defense lol. Regarding Baker, many are going to be surprised because he in no way is the same player he finished as last year. He was pushed hard by his AAU coaches this summer and he was forced to become a totally different player being more athletic, shooting the 3 and a force around the rim. Sully should be getting a more versatile big which is something Cooper didn't have last year.

I hope Baker steps up and becomes a contributor at varsity level but I think he is still behind Houston, Ollier and Shidler. Cooper looses 2 elite players but has very good depth this year.

I can assure you he is not behind Ollier (totally different players/positions) and I am not aware how Shidler's and Houston's summer ball went but I do know that Baker will be a force based upon watching him the majority of the summer with KY Select. All four players will be solid contributors and while I don't worry so much with who's on the floor at the start of the game but more at the end of the game, I will be somewhat surprised if Baker isn't in the starting lineup or the first player off the bench as he will be the most athletic big for Cooper who will bang and be able to put it on the floor and get to the basket. Cooper will have some solid depth that I think they didn't have last year the above players mentioned as well as Hampton and Spencer being able to contribute.

CCH will be the favorite as they should be but the Jags should be there in the end to make a run at the 9th.

I can assure you he is not behind Ollier (totally different players/positions) and I am not aware how Shidler's and Houston's summer ball went but I do know that Baker will be a force based upon watching him the majority of the summer with KY Select. All four players will be solid contributors and while I don't worry so much with who's on the floor at the start of the game but more at the end of the game, I will be somewhat surprised if Baker isn't in the starting lineup or the first player off the bench as he will be the most athletic big for Cooper who will bang and be able to put it on the floor and get to the basket. Cooper will have some solid depth that I think they didn't have last year the above players mentioned as well as Hampton and Spencer being able to contribute.

CCH will be the favorite as they should be but the Jags should be there in the end to make a run at the 9th.

How about billups has he gotten stronger? Did he have a good year in summer ball?

How about billups has he gotten stronger? Did he have a good year in summer ball?

I only saw him play once this summer and that was against Baker and Hampton's team but he definitely got a lot better. He certainly has the size to be a factor adding additional depth.

Understand. Sully has a way of getting the absolute most out of his players so new players are always welcome as long as the want to play defense lol. Regarding Baker, many are going to be surprised because he in no way is the same player he finished as last year. He was pushed hard by his AAU coaches this summer and he was forced to become a totally different player being more athletic, shooting the 3 and a force around the rim. Sully should be getting a more versatile big which is something Cooper didn't have last year.

Cooper is the favorite in the ninth.....Sully has been able to add a lot of nice pieces with transfers their overall depth sets them apart from Covington Catholic

Cooper is the favorite in the ninth.....Sully has been able to add a lot of nice pieces with transfers their overall depth sets them apart from Covington Catholic

So how exactly does your ranking service work? You have two players ranked above Coopers best player. CCH also has a d2 player. Then they have a D1 football player that's top 10 in the region and we can't forget about young Michael Mayer top 3 sophomore in the state, but yet your ranking service has Cooper as the favorite??

Both are quality teams with significant depth. I would say Cov Cath has more depth, but how is it utilized. I mean they had more depth than anyone last year, but only played six guys in the regional finals negating the supposed "depth". Also to say Michael Mayer is the top sophomore in the state is a stretch. Nice player, but according to what recruiting or ranking service is that?